Christchurch terror attack

Chindie

Over 40 people dead after a right wing word removed decided he wanted to be a terrorist and walks into a mosque and executes everyone he can find. And decides to live stream it.

Horrific. Disgusting. 

There are serious questions to be asked about how media and the internet has become a breeding ground for hatred.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rodders said:

from an elected official. Jesus Christ, that is insane

He was elected with 19 votes (yes just nineteen people voted for him in a nation wide ballot)  

A quirk of the proportional representation system...

Edited by LondonLax
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The video doing the rounds on various social medias is some of the sickest shit you could ever see. Cold, calculated killing of innocent people in their place of worship and then driving off and stopping to fire at more passers by. All this recorded on a go pro style camera. 

What a world we have become. 

Edited by West
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Rodders said:

from an elected official. Jesus Christ, that is insane

Anning is an absolute piece of shit of the highest order, whose hobbies include appearing at white supremacist Nazi rallies. Even by Australian standards his racism is extraordinary.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, West said:

The video doing the rounds on various social medias is some of the sickest shit you could ever see. Cold, calculated killing of innocent people in their place of worship and then driving off and stopping to fire at more passers by. All this recorded on a go pro style camera. 

What a world we have become. 

Going to become more common unfortunately. Those into Airsoft have been working hard for years to help companies like GoPro to dial in settings to allow livestreams during their matches. Unfortunately the downside to this is that now any nutter can strap a GoPro to their AR-15 and make their shooting look like Call of Duty to an audience at home. 

7 minutes ago, momo said:

Very few posts here. Is it because the victims are Muslims?

I don’t think so. It’s hard to really know what to say anymore. This piece of shit comes in a long line of pieces of shit doing abhorrent things in the name of a religion or against a religion or against a skin colour or against a sexual orientation.

I watched a short video clip of his live stream and really wished i hadn't (serves me right). 

This is appalling. Black, brown or white....slaughter is slaughter. A soft target, a place of worship. What next ? A revenge attack on a church/synagogue/other public gathering ? Probably. That's what this piece of filth doesn't realise. "Doing his bit for the Christian white folk ?" Not in my name but sadly there are going to be plenty of those who are thinking "yeah, see how you lot like it !".

I'm fairly effing depressed about it.

• Like 1

I'm not really surprised by events like this any more , it seems to be the way of the world  ... The perp will no doubt feel that Muslims are killing non Muslims and he's fighting back , others will say we started it with the Crusades or when we took out the mass murderers Gaddafi and Hussein all in the name of oil , i wouldn't be surprised any more if someone blamed it on Brexit or Trump*either

there are some sick **** in this world of all persuasion , maybe the internet has emboldened them , but we had sick **** before the internet as well , all the internet has done is give a wider audience to their crime and in this instance in real time

You won't ever stop it as it can't be stopped

* Edit - turns out the shooter himself has stated he admires Trump as  symbol of white hope or something

Edited by tonyh29

We need to take this seriously. White people are being radicalized to this ethno-nationalist nonsense. The shooter was Australian but babbling on about European culture.

ISIS and these White Nationalist communities are identical.

• Like 2

Â