Pre- match thread

Don_Simon

32 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We are underachieving they are massively overachieving.

We are overrated. Really. On close and honest inspection. We can blow anyone away with what we have offensively. We have a midfield that isn't very good ( can't show up once in a blue moon like last weekend, that's not their true level ) Our defence is poorer than last season. We won't blow these away tomorrow. Not a chance. Hope im wrong.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

It's not being complacent. It's pointing out we have a much better squad than them and should win the game fairly comfortably. 

I don’t get how you can think this. 

Yes we are under achieving but I don’t think they are over achieving. They spent a lot of money last couple of seasons and have kept most of the players they signed. They massively under achieved last season. This season they are where I would expect them to be.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Whatever happens today folks, just remember, we will always be better than them! 

Thats not just from a footballing perspective either, we are further up the evolutionary chain than them. 

Dirty, inbred, knuckle dragging, pond life, troglodyte, unkempt, fare grabbing, unwashed vermin. 

VILLA FOREVER! COME ON!!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Last season when results went our way and the league opened up for us, even a tiny bit, we bottled it. I hope the players just play the match in front of them and think no further ahead than today. Perhaps it being Blues will narrow the focus and be a positive rather than a distraction. 

20 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Actually TRO, I guess a 4-1-3-2 might be a decent way of getting McGinn back in:

------------------------------Steer-------------------------------

Elmo---------MIngs------------Hause-----------Taylor

-----------------------------Whelan----------------------------

-----------McGinn---Grealish---Hourihane-----------

-----------------Abraham--------Kodjia--------------------

But I don't think he will, I'm not sure Sunday is the time for big change. It's not a bad side though.

I’d love to see this side. I think DS will be slightly more conservative and play Hourihane closer to Whelan. I always think Hourihane is better further forward but managers seem to see him as a holding mid. 

Don’t normally get out of bed until around 1.00pm on a Sunday but making an exception today. Bottle of cider, Peardrops and a rather large bag of obscenities at the ready. 

• Haha 1