Pre- match thread

Don_Simon

Actually TRO, I guess a 4-1-3-2 might be a decent way of getting McGinn back in:

------------------------------Steer-------------------------------

Elmo---------MIngs------------Hause-----------Taylor

-----------------------------Whelan----------------------------

-----------McGinn---Grealish---Hourihane-----------

-----------------Abraham--------Kodjia--------------------

But I don't think he will, I'm not sure Sunday is the time for big change. It's not a bad side though.

• Like 2

I'd honestly just keep things the same. We need a DM to play otherwise there's going to be gaps everywhere. Hourihane did a good job of getting forward last game so it would be harsh to drop him. 

I'd bring McGinn on for Hourhiane around the 60 minute mark to add a bit of intensity to our midfield as others get leggy. 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

We've pretty much played two wingers since O'Neill arrived at the club. I can't see us changing formation for this one. If you were to play without them, what you replace them with?

an additional midfielder would be more industrious, IMO

my concern is that one is always a passenger in a 2...when the ball is on the other side......one can switch flanks.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Actually TRO, I guess a 4-1-3-2 might be a decent way of getting McGinn back in:

------------------------------Steer-------------------------------

Elmo---------MIngs------------Hause-----------Taylor

-----------------------------Whelan----------------------------

-----------McGinn---Grealish---Hourihane-----------

-----------------Abraham--------Kodjia--------------------

But I don't think he will, I'm not sure Sunday is the time for big change. It's not a bad side though.

I would play El Ghazi , where you have Kodjia and Hourihane at the tip of a diamond just behind....with McGinn and Grealish in the middle.

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I actually don't feel nervous at all. Looking at their squad there's no one really to fear, we have a much better squad than them and should win.

Adams, Jutkiewicz, Mahoney and Jota? We can’t afford to be complacent, they’re due a win against us

51 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I actually don't feel nervous at all. Looking at their squad there's no one really to fear, we have a much better squad than them and should win.

31 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We can’t afford to be complacent, they’re due a win against us

"Birmingham have won just one of their last 15 matches in all competitions against Villa".

33 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Adams, Jutkiewicz, Mahoney and Jota? We can’t afford to be complacent, they’re due a win against us

It's not being complacent. It's pointing out we have a much better squad than them and should win the game fairly comfortably. 

43 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's not being complacent. It's pointing out we have a much better squad than them and should win the game fairly comfortably. 

If we have a much better squad than them then the league table should suggest it. It doesn't. I'd take a one nil win now and move onto forest.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Agreed, we should do but Monk will have them fired up like he did at Villa Park, he is an excellent manager I think

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

"Birmingham have won just one of their last 15 matches in all competitions against Villa".

They haven’t beaten us in the league since 2005, I wouldn’t be surprised if they turned us over tomorrow 

18 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

If we have a much better squad than them then the league table should suggest it. It doesn't. I'd take a one nil win now and move onto forest.

We are underachieving they are massively overachieving.