Pre- match thread

Don_Simon

Eurgh hate games against these especially at that scab hole stadium, let me guess the place will be packed to rafters with "zulus" desperately after a fight. 

The game will be the usual, they'll spend the game kicking the shit out of grealish and humping balls up the adams. 

1-1

The ref needs to be strong from the very start of this game!

Dreading the first time grealish touches the ball and the tackle/assault that will follow...it's cynical!

They know well that the cowards they put in charge won't want to pull a card out so early!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it's a great time to play them. We'll be buzzing in training this week because of yesterday and what i like about playing them next weekend is , well i hope , we don't get caught up in the emotion of this game. The fact we have to go on a near faultless run between now and the end of the season means i think we'll be on point football wise and play a bit more going forward than we have done there in the past.

28 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

McGinn for Whelan. Leave Jack and Conor where they are.

Not for me. Whelan does a job the other three can't do. I don't think McGinn can play as a the holding man. If you watch how Whelan drops in to cover his centre backs, or mops up in front of the back four, it's something the other three can't do. I think you have to pick two from McGinn, Grealish and Hourihane. 

17 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Not looking forward to this. They always up. Their game against us at the sty. We haven't won there in years. 

They have not beaten us in the league at the sty that they call their home since 2005. We won the next 3 there after that defeat. They should be the ones who are not looking forward to this one. ;)

• Like 4

Mcgin stays on the bench for me, the midfield has been fantastic against derby and stoke, no one deserves to lose their place.

Start him Wednesday's game! 

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Biggest game of the season for me, my team would be: 

Kalinic

Hutton Chester (?) (if not, Elphick) Mings Hause

McGinn Hourihane Grealish

Adomah  Abraham El Ghazi

Expecting a comfortable victory after yesterday but it won’t be easy, Monk will have them fired up

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

------------------Steer--------------------

Elmo------Hause---Mings---Taylor

--------------------Hourihane-------------

-------------McGinn------Jack-------------

Adomah----------Tammy----------El Ghazi

• Like 2

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Elmo------Hause---Mings---Taylor

--------------------Hourihane-------------

-------------McGinn------Jack-------------

I think that will be team but whelan for mcginn. 

• Like 1

Elmo------Hause---Mings---Mcginn

--------------------Whelan----------------

---------Hourihane------Jack-------------

Mcginn is a good enough footballer to slot in at left back for this. It would be a brave move but one that could pay off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1