Pre- match thread

Don_Simon

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Leaving out McGinn for Whelan what a idiot move by Smith.

If we lose the midfield battle this is on Smith.

Whelan has arguably been one of our best players in the last few games. How about you support the 11 players on the pitch and wait until after the game for your reactionary rubbish.

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well your criticism of starting Grealish last week was bang on, so maybe these opinions of yours deserve respect. 

You don't leave out your most tenacious player with the most energy in a derby game.

I'm sorry but this is simply an idiotic decision by Smith.

8 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Whelan has arguably been one of our best players in the last few games. How about you support the 11 players on the pitch and wait until after the game for your reactionary rubbish.

Whelan can do an ok job when we're on the front foot, we won't today, maybe in parts of the game.

When teams are coming at us and we need actual legs and energy in the midfield Whelan is a liability. I'm sorry but it's just facts.

McGinn is exactly the type of player you cannot leave out in derby games and Smith have just done it and i think we will pay the price for it today.

Edited by villalad21

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Whelan can do an ok job when we're on the front foot, we won't today, maybe in parts of the game.

When teams are coming at us and we need actual legs and energy in the midfield Whelan is a liability. I'm sorry but it's just facts.

McGinn is exactly the type of player you cannot leave out in derby games and Smith have just done it and i think we will pay the price for it today.

And if we win? Will you credit Smith?