Don_Simon

On 06/03/2019 at 09:16, wilko154 said:

Thinking about this further, I think I would go:

Steer

Elmo  Mings  Hause  Taylor

Hourihane    McGinn

Adomah    Grealish   El Ghazi

Abraham

It seems harsh leaving out Whelan, but I don't think he can play 3 games in a week. If we leave him out on Saturday then he will be available fresh on Wednesday against Forest.

We also don't know if Grealish will be able to play 3 games in a week, therefore Whelan may need to come in for him on Wednesday

Not harsh at all. Whelan played well but he has been nowhere near McGinn's level of performance.

McGinn is going straight into the team, i wouldn't think twice about it.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 3

On 06/03/2019 at 21:16, wilko154 said:

Thinking about this further, I think I would go:

Steer

Elmo  Mings  Hause  Taylor

Hourihane    McGinn

Adomah    Grealish   El Ghazi

Abraham

It seems harsh leaving out Whelan, but I don't think he can play 3 games in a week. If we leave him out on Saturday then he will be available fresh on Wednesday against Forest.

We also don't know if Grealish will be able to play 3 games in a week, therefore Whelan may need to come in for him on Wednesday

Hourihane brilliant last game playing advanced. Can we never play him deep again please

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

This would be my side: 

Kalinic

Hutton Chester (if fit) Mings Hause

McGinn Grealish Hourihane

Adomah Abraham El Ghazi

Chester's out until April I believe.

He's been ruled out of the international's for Wales at the end of March already.

• Thanks 1

I just hope the players keep their heads in this one. They obviously try resort to getting grealish or Mings sent off to help them. 

If grealish just ignores the fool's in the crowd and just plays his game they won't be able to handle him. 

Their idiot fans have been warned by the club that they will get in serious trouble if they throw things at our players again. I hope they do and get another fine with their ffp problems. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, withes_shin said:

My eyes aren't what they once were, but is that a round Villa badge on his left arm?

Ha, very doubtful!

I've got a feeling this time that they're finally going to break their dismally long run of not beating us, but... if we manage to beat them again we could easily find ourselves just three points off the play-offs... because Bristol City have a really tough game tomorrow, against Leeds. Derby might lose too, you never know! They've got Sheffield Wednesday.

14 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

D1J_sozX0AAoggD.jpg

The postcode cup :crylaugh:

48 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Just hope the ref protects Jack

That’s not gonna happen let’s be honest at the sty, we won’t get any decisions there. Try a already trying to influence the ref by saying he dives and that the ref was poor to them on two other occasions this season.

we have had nothing but terrible decisions since we came down

On 05/03/2019 at 15:07, Johnnyp said:

I think kieftenbeld will be tasked solely with the job of breaking up grealish. We are a better footballing side than them. Be good to see how they control the emotional aspect of the game with it being at their place this time. We were shocking at Villa park in the first half against them and let's be honest they probably should of went 2 up. Confident we'll start better this time and score first.

we need somebody to take Kieftenbeld out......I wouldn't play 2 wingers, they will be wasted in this game.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, TRO said:

we need somebody to take Kieftenbeld out......I wouldn't play 2 wingers, they will be wasted in this game.

We've pretty much played two wingers since O'Neill arrived at the club. I can't see us changing formation for this one. If you were to play without them, what you replace them with?