Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

28 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I think there is a danger of getting carried away. I’m very pleased with the signings but as we stand I don’t see us as markedly better than last season. 

Mings, Konsa, Jota and Wesley on paper are no better than Mings, Tuanzebe, Adomah and  Abraham for me. There is potential for improvement at fullbacks and if Luiz joins and lives up to expectation we will be decent in midfield (but not in my opinion “immense”)

To give me real confidence I’d like to be greedy and see Trezuguat/Beharama(?), Maupay and a new keeper and even then my expectation would be only extend to top of the bottom half of the table

Well at the end of last season we went on a run of 10 victories. I’d settle for being about the same or slightly better than that. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Our fans have been getting excited every transfer window since and including the one where we signed all those French based players. The one where people were probably the least optimistic about was probably this January just gone, and ironically it was after the window that we finally turned things around, which I guess reflects very well on Pitarch. I thought we might have signed a few youngsters for our u23 side, being as thoug we let so many go.

We could still be looking to pad out the u23 set up. I think the general optimism is to some extent more justified now because we have a much better set up throughout the club. We’re better run as a business, our scouting network has been improved and our coaches are better than anything we’ve had since Shep was a pup. 

3 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Where are all those people that were panicking about the lack of signings two weeks ago?! 

I was one of the panic-stricken. Since I live a very boring day-to-day life I allow myself a good non-lethal panic session in a safe environment now and then, just to feel alive.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dom_Wren said:

Is anybody else just looking around and thinking. This is bloody brilliant. In a quiet. Don’t want to mess anything up kind of way.....no just me!? Carry on!!

This me!

Given how much us Villa fans have had to suffer I’m still not believing we actually got promoted.

Love the players and speed we’ve brought them in.

I’m fearful it’s all going to go wrong, Ming’s injured for the season, Wes is a flop, Grealish has no impact in Premier League and McGinn just gets the run around by better players.  

Villa going well, run well and making good business decisions is against character, so I’m loving how great it is but waiting for somebody to say “punked” or once I’ve got truly comfortable it all goes wrong.

i’m a complex person 🤪🤯🥴

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Dom_Wren said:

Is anybody else just looking around and thinking. This is bloody brilliant. In a quiet. Don’t want to mess anything up kind of way.....no just me!? Carry on!!

Certainly! The previously mentioned panic has given way to a strange feeling which in addition to feel good makes the mouth water.

Probably because we're witnessing a clear buying strategy and the signs of real intelligence and competence behind the wheels AND the thought of how bloody entertaining this team is  going to be during the coming years. Can't wait to see how this batch of young, quick and technically brilliant is going to grow together, making each other even better. We might end up as an absolute nightmare to play against. Bring it on!!

• Like 2

As much as I love the business we are doing, I was really hoping we'd get Lolley this summer! I still think he would be a great option and someone who could make a difference

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, useless said:

The one where people were probably the least optimistic about was probably this January just gone, and ironically it was after the window that we finally turned things around, which I guess reflects very well on Pitarch.

Practically all our signings have been driven by Smith. Kallinic, Guilbert, Luiz and Hassan are Pitarch's. 

Purslow said in one of his interviews that Pitarch played a big part in bringing in Mings and Hause to the club. Would be wrong to presume that he's bringing in all the foreign talent, and Smith all the UK talent, something else to contradict that idea is that if we sign Engles, then he will have come from Smith, as he's been watching him since his Brentford days.

Edited by useless

7 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Practically all our signings have been driven by Smith. Kallinic, Guilbert, Luiz and Hassan are Pitarch's. 

Is this ITK or a guess? I thought Pitarchs would’ve been involved with all of them and Smith with the ones you say are Pitarchs. All players assessed home and abroad by Smith and Pitarch and then decisions made who to buy

37 minutes ago, Dom_Wren said:

I keep looking over my shoulder for red shells.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

Sessegnon is one of the most overrated prospects in the entire country.  No thanks from me.  Would cost a fortune and will disappoint.

On the plus side he'll probably cost about 1/3 of what he would have 12 months ago

1 hour ago, VillaCas said:

I think there is a danger of getting carried away. I’m very pleased with the signings but as we stand I don’t see us as markedly better than last season. 

Mings, Konsa, Jota and Wesley on paper are no better than Mings, Tuanzebe, Adomah and  Abraham for me. There is potential for improvement at fullbacks and if Luiz joins and lives up to expectation we will be decent in midfield (but not in my opinion “immense”)

I’d have been happy replacing DMC and LB and having the same side at the end of last season for the next. For me, we’re stronger. For whatever reason, you keep excluding Targett over Taylor when you’re listing the new players too.

53 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This me!

Given how much us Villa fans have had to suffer I’m still not believing we actually got promoted.

Love the players and speed we’ve brought them in.

I’m fearful it’s all going to go wrong, Ming’s injured for the season, Wes is a flop, Grealish has no impact in Premier League and McGinn just gets the run around by better players.  

Villa going well, run well and making good business decisions is against character, so I’m loving how great it is but waiting for somebody to say “punked” or once I’ve got truly comfortable it all goes wrong.

i’m a complex person 🤪🤯🥴

pm'd you hun x

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Where are all those people that were panicking about the lack of signings two weeks ago?! 

On 27/06/2019 at 07:11, Brumerican said:

I hope we do all our business on the last day of the window because I'm off work. 

The team can gel on the bus to Spurs.

I'm fuming to be honest.

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My understanding is that Suso has the final decision on all transfers.

Do you work for Talk Sport? :trollface: