Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Like who?

Dunno, not a scout. But I refuse to believe that a player of Mitrovic's quality is the best player we can get if we scouted Europe properly. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Just because that amount of money is being spent, it doesn’t necessarily mean instant success. It also doesn’t mean that a £40m player would come here

I know mate that’s why I wrote top striker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Of course we're assuming that we're looking at 20-25 for a striker. It's important to note that just because we're back in the PL, doesn't mean that we can ignore FFP, so I'd say it's unlikely that we'll go that close to or beyond 100mil. 

140m is the top end of what we can spend. Maybe the new commercial deal changes that. 

Just now, DakotaVilla said:

140m is the top end of what we can spend. Maybe the new commercial deal changes that. 

£140m will be the top end of what we could bring in as non-player related income. What are the permitted losses though? Because we could spend all of that, and then the only actual losses would be the monthly wages/bonuses etc

5 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

£140m will be the top end of what we could bring in as non-player related income. What are the permitted losses though? Because we could spend all of that, and then the only actual losses would be the monthly wages/bonuses etc

So only a £60-80m loss then. 

Swell!

19 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Dunno, not a scout. But I refuse to believe that a player of Mitrovic's quality is the best player we can get if we scouted Europe properly. 

I look at what Frankfurt have just done with luka jovic and would be pained if we went after mitrovic for north of 20m

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Jimenez is costing Wolves £30m. That's the level of striker we need. 

Am i right when I read online they did a year-long cheeky £3million loan first. Not a bad idea.

Edited by praisedmambo

9 minutes ago, sne said:

So only a £60-80m loss then. 

Swell!

A wage bill equalling 50% of our income would be pretty healthy compared to previous years!

• Like 1