Ratings & Reactions: Villa v West Brom

limpid

Match Polls  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/02/19 at 23:59

We are worse under Smith than Bruce. Playoff finalists last year to this tripe after a rollercoaster summer. I didn’t love bruce’s style of play but had more faith in him than this clueless muppet. From ‘too many Desmond’s’ to absolute trash. Hoping owners see the light 

Waste of my time and energy. The players can't be bothered so why should we? West Bromwich just didn't even need to turn up in the second half we were so ineffective.

Tyrone Mings looked good. Hause was ok doing the basics but is very slow and has no impact when we push forward.

Tammy totally Agbonlahored his one effort on goal.

Hourihane got subbed, wandered off slowly hence wasting our own time when we needed to push on and score, and his replacement who had never played for us before did very little but that was still more than Hourihane did.

Overall hugely disappointing.

• Like 1

Awful performance, shocking officials and nothing different from any of the previous 10 games.  I know Smith wants us to play differently and I believe many of the players won't be here next season either but seriously, I paid to watch a full season of football not a bunch of overpaid muppets who've decided it's all over in February!!

Felt Mings did well again, Whelan tries but has no legs, Hourihane is the latest scapegoat but to be fair he is weaker than a 5 year old and therefore deserves all the stick he gets. 

Dean Smith has turned into Steve Bruce, we're negative, slow and have no pattern - can someone tell me WTF has happened? He seems to have lost the dressing room now and that's never a good place for a manager to find themselves.  I cannot see where our next win is coming from..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure it's a popular view, but I thought we deserved more from that game. We were the better side for 75 minutes of it and for me the performance was much better than our last two - sadly we were as threatening as a kitten with a daffodil and we still give away goals too easily.

I thought Mings looked good again and I thought Hause was good too - I don't think Taylor has put in a performance to match that one this season - I thought Whelan was good in midfield, McGinn too, and though it pains me to say it Elmohamady had a decent game on the right hand side.

We've got trouble in the middle of the park - Hourihane has never been the most aggressive of players, or the second most aggressive to be honest, but he's got through it by doing the things he's good at pretty well - right now he's not doing those things well and his confidence has gone completely, which is making him worse - he's currently about half a Hourihane and you can make an argument as to whether the full one is good enough - his head had gone today, he was visibly emotional when he went off and looked for a moment like he might have a go at the crowd - that wouldn't have been wise. Only he can get himself out of this rut - it's a test of his character.

Jacob Ramsey came on and looked nervous, which is understandable, he's seventeen and there are 39,000 people watching - I thought he got better as it went on, but he doesn't look like a player that can settle straight in and start games - which is a pity as we're now without McGinn, Grealish, Lansbury, Carroll and Bjarnason for the next one which means that he'll most likely have to start and worse, means he might have to start alongside the ghost of Connor Hourihane.

Albion didn't impress against a struggling Villa, I mean, they'll be delighted with the result, but I have a feeling they'll be back next season - a better team would have put us away today. 

It all looks like hard work for Abraham at the moment where a month or two ago it looked like the most fun in the world. He'll have better days than this.

The radio was full of people calling for Smith's head - I think it's six points from eight games in 2019 - that's poor form and it's going to get worse before it gets better - the next four are all tricky and one of them is just across the city. There will be a test of our new owners I think and of our faith in the manager. For me, at this point I think I'd stick rather than twist, I like Smith, but more importantly I can see that this squad isn't good enough - you can't make a silk purse from this crap no matter how good a manager you are.

This season finished during the week, no matter how much the local press might talk up our chances of taking a play off spot - only four of today's starting eleven are contracted for next season and for me, the size of the job in the summer is so big that next year will be a transitional one - there's a lot wrong here at the moment and sacking the manager won't solve it.

Given that most of the squad will leave in the summer, I'd keep the manager and change the team - but those calls are going to get louder over the next month because we're not looking like a team that can win games - how's your luck Dean?

Bang on assessment for me. The worrying thing is that both Albion and Sheffield United didn’t have to play well to be 2-0 and 3-0 up at Villa Park. 

The second half today was a complete waste of time. Albion sat back because they knew we could have played forever and never looked like scoring. 

absolute pathetic performance. We weren't on top at any point in the game. We matched them for the first 30mins until the first goal. Then usually you get a reaction from the kick off....not smiths boys. .....we couldn't get the ball of west brazil for the next 10 mins.

then the master of disaster conner hourihane ballsed up and gifted Jay Rodrigez a chance and he punished us like the premiership quality player he is.

The poignant  moment in this match was the substitution of the invisible man on around 75mins. with sarcastic jeers ringing around the stadium that Smith finally had the stones to take him off, hourihane simply strolled off like a man wanting to run the clock down. The jeers suddenly exploded into rage and he shit himself and started sprinting. 

This is absolutely disgusting display of petulance shown towards the fans comes from the top down. Smith must take responsibility ...................make an example of him by fining him or calling him out in a press conference .for what he's done.

Smith is a dead man walking for me. Stoke will beat us comfortably.

I think the blues will too and then the board will finally put him out of his misery.

The sub ramsey came on and done some decent link up play but after he put a shit cross in that went straight to the keeper he shit himself and hid for the rest of the game.

Â