Ratings & Reactions: Villa v West Brom

limpid

Match Polls  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/02/19 at 23:59

It was my first time back at Villa Park for some years. Before that I was a season ticket holder for many seasons.

I absolutely loved being back in our majestic stadium, and was excited by the occasion even though we lost.

A couple of observations .... I was shocked at the amount of loud abuse being directed at a couple of our players throughout the match. That can't help when the games going on can it?

Secondly, I probably only saw half the match because of persistent and prolonged standing in front of me. I can't get up and down due to disability so the only time I got to see what was happening was when the ball was in the middle third of the pitch. I missed both of the goals and all of the goalmouth action!

Never mind, I still had a great day out supporting Villa.

UTV! 

• Like 4

Didn’t see the game but we are a rag tag team at present so it’s difficult to judge. Not that long ago with a nearly full first team at our disposal and a half decent bolasie we looked the most exciting team in the division with only the defence to sharpen up and capable of threatening the automatics, but injuries has ruined our season. We can’t lose sight of this fact and that Smith was doing EVERYTHING right. 

Our keeper and defence has improved with Tuenzebe and Chester also to return, but the midfield has lost its mojo. The summer will be interesting but I think this is just an unfortunate time and will pass.

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 22:53, southcoastvillan said:

We’d have more points under Bruce, fact

Really think the situation needs to be monitored carefully now. Always been a DS fan but if this trend of hopeless abject performances continues then I can certainly see a scenario where we say “thanks but no thanks Dean” come end of season. 

Questions to be asked: 

- why did we fail to sign a CM with physicality, legs and a pass in Jan?

- where is the intensity in our performances ? 

- why does he continue to flog the dead horse that is 4-3-3

- Kalinic ? Did we not learn anything from the damp squib that was nyland, we now have a bigger damper squib in goal 

- what are we doing in training?

Lots of questions to answer dean

ps the whole “no one out footballs Brentford “ comments in midweek were straight out of the Steve Bruce self preservation manual, you’d be best advised not to do that dean  

Generally agree with the questions you ask. The 'fact' in bold simply cannot be proven as fact. It's like saying that Britain is leaving the EU on March 29th... fact. When actually, Maybot could still pull the plug on it if we head into no deal being likely. But that, is for another thread.

I've only just seen the highlights as I was away all weekend, but goals turn games. And the chance Tammy missed in the first half would have made this a very different game. 

Hopefully, Jack will be back for the next game, but he has been out for some time so don't expect him to start. Also missing McGinn for two games is a big loss. 

We need 9 wins to get anywhere near the play-off places. I can't see it but I will hope. 

Â