Ratings & Reactions: Villa v West Brom

limpid

Match Polls  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/02/19 at 23:59

From too many draws to now losses. Smith must end this vicious cycle soon.

Hause was good, as were Mings and Elphick. I thought Smith did the right thing in subbing Kalinic for Steer. We should've just kept Steer from the beginning, I know, hindsight and all that but still..

Ref atrocious, 2 flukey goals, they park the bus knowing we could play from now until 2025 and we will create nothing. Hause played well, Tammy missing more chances. Not sure when/if things will turn around this season, did we dig up a graveyard to build VP or something? So much crap luck.

Great fight back from 0-2 with the equalising goal  coming in stoppage time. Now top of the league in the automatic promotion slot.

I’m talking about Solihull Moors of course, who this evening sit atop the Conference. Well done, lads, a stupendous achievement and best of luck for the rest of the season.

Oh yeh, and then there was Villa vs WBA where we played the usual ineffectual shit. I guess Ramsey is a bit of a bright spot. Let’s hope we don't destroy him like most of our other youth players.

I am so sick of this shit. 

Edited by briny_ear
  • Sad 1

Disappointing but not unexpected, it can't be just Grealish and Tuanzebe. Surely we have some sort of plan b. I said in match thread that maybe we should have gone tits up in the summer, at least I would probably be over the disappointment by now. Instead I'm disappointed every week. Knee jerk reaction before anyone calls me a shit fan

folks we just got taught how to defend a lead . West Brom should go up , Tammy - well its hard to criticise when he has so many goals but he does miss some chances - saying that at least he is in the position in the first place. Should be fun without Mcginn next two games (he did get booked didn't he )

• Like 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

I'd say this season is a write off but we're actually showing relegation form at the moment.

The players have given up. I basically have as well. They don't deserve to have 40k supporters turning up. I detest the majority of them and can't wait for them to gtfo. 

3 minutes ago, dutchavfc1982 said:

folks we just got taught how to defend a lead . West Brom should go up , Tammy - well its hard to criticise when he has so many goals but he does miss some chances - saying that at least he is in the position in the first place. Should be fun without Mcginn next two games (he did get booked didn't he )

Yep no McGinn for the next two will hurt us badly. Might mean Ramsey starting after today, I thought he was a winger?!

We lack any goal threat whatsoever other than Abraham. When he is off his game or shut down by the opposition who steps up with the goals? We had a number of occasions where one of our midfielders had a bit of time and space at the edge of the box, but rather than take a chance they pass it sideways and the moment's gone.

Liked young Ramsey. Far better movement than Hourihane and once he got a feel for things he played some nice stuff.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Our movement on the pitch needs some serious work. The midfield is too scattered and rarely does a player have good passing options. I thought defensively we were good and got unlucky for the goals, but considering how poor we are in possession the scoreline seems fair. What is our shape?

image.png

• Haha 3

Tammy scores the first it's a different game.  Some improvements in defence.  Midfield again the issue even though McGinn and Whealen did ok. West Brom won't go up they are a carbon copy of us last year solid and methodical.  Sheff Utd were miles better last week.  I am not too down probably as I don't know any baggies fans being from Moseley!

Hourihane again shocking call him Hologram from now on.  Dread to think what midfield will be like without SJM worrying!

• Like 3

I cannot see us winning again this season. Absolute heap of shit. Poor from Smith again and the players clearly aren’t playing for him or the fans.

The final nail in this atrocious wreck of a season will be the inevitable loss at the sty, with the only slight fortunate part of that will be it will be a meaningless game by then anyway. 

It hurts much more when it is a shock. This has come to be expected so just feels yet another “meh” moment.

Â