Racism Part two

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wait did i say it ? Read what i wrote mate i said allegedly 🙂

That’s the point that’s being made though, it’s so easy to spread stuff that reflects badly on someone by saying ‘allegedly’ when it’s a two minute confirmation job.

34 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Definitely a carefully planned act that they knew would get people’s attention.

I defend the right for someone to burn a flag as well as draw ‘offensive’ pictures of Mohammed a la Charlie Hebdo.

Where we differ is I would blame someone beating him up for their own actions regardless of the act being provocative, because one is legal and one isn’t. It’s a much less offensive version of the ‘what did they expect wearing that’ argument.

And that’s what this country allows us to do. 
Something if you tried to do in other countries, in many cases the countries where a lot of ethnic minorities in Uk actually come from you wouldn’t get away with it so easily. 

So lets burn the flag of the county that defends the rights for someone to burn a flag  

It doesn’t make sense to me mate.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So, who said allegedly to you?

I have read what you said. Did you add the ‘whites’ or did someone else add it and you repeated it?

Really simple question.

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But Dem, why do you need the word "allegedly"? He either said it or he didn't? There's plenty of evidence that he didn't say what you've "alleged"  at all but you still seem cross about it. 

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Something if you tried to do in other countries, in many cases the countries where a lot of ethnic minorities in Uk actually come from you wouldn’t get away with it so easily. 

So lets burn the flag of the county that defends the rights for someone to burn a flag  

So the other countries have less freedom, lets do what they do in countries with less freedom?

Now that really doesn't make sense

EDIT: Or... our Grandparents fought for us to have the freedom be able to burn the flag, so lets honour our Grandparents and resepct our heritage. Burn the flag it's a patriotic thing to do, to use the nonsesenical arguments that appeared further back in the thread

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So, who said allegedly to you?

I have read what you said. Did you add the ‘whites’ or did someone else add it and you repeated it?

Really simple question.

Or to put it another way, for something to be "alleged" then there needs to be an allegation.

It's not just a get out of jail free card for making shit up.

• Like 3

I'm genuinely amazed that people continue to present fatuous excuses and diversions that they are angry about (one charred flag, a few nobheads being nobheads at an otherwise peaceful protest, a lump of bronze going for a swim).

The level of anger presented about such matters should pale compared to the anger at centuries of injustice based on skin pigment but the people shouting about the former don't seem to raise their voices about the latter (sweeping generalisation, I know). 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

For those who say, "Yeah, we can see that slavery was bad, but people thought differently back in those days", read up on the anti-slavery movement. The famous pottery king Josiah Wedgwood (a member of the Lunar Society of Birmingham, along with Matthew Boulton, James Watt, Erasmus Darwin and others) was a passionate activist, mass-producing medallions with this powerful image: 

Screenshot_20200608_140501_com.android.chrome.jpg

This is fascinating. The fact that the lunar society (the most influential group of their time and a huge huge reason why Britain was in a position to build the Victorian Empire) were seemingly very anti-slavery is significant IMO.

This page has a detailed discussion about the Lunar Society and Anti Slavery:

https://www.revolutionaryplayers.org.uk/the-lunar-society-and-the-anti-slavery-debate/

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

So the other countries have less freedom, lets do what they do in countries with less freedom?

Now that really doesn't make sense

EDIT: Or... our Grandparents fought for us to have the freedom be able to burn the flag, so lets honour our Grandparents and resepct our heritage. Burn the flag it's a patriotic thing to do, to use the nonsesenical arguments that appeared further back in the thread

I know for a fact my Grandparents never fought for the right to deliberately try to provoke people by attacking what is dear to them.

God knows what you think your grandparents thought for. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, choffer said:

I'm genuinely amazed that people continue to present fatuous excuses and diversions that they are angry about (one charred flag, a few nobheads being nobheads at an otherwise peaceful protest, a lump of bronze going for a swim).

The level of anger presented about such matters should pale compared to the anger at centuries of injustice based on skin pigment but the people shouting about the former don't seem to raise their voices about the latter (sweeping generalisation, I know). 

I’ve already asked everyone white on here to apologise to me for British imperialism and how my people were treated. Not one apology yet.  Disgraceful. 

We're at this pesky burden of proof lark again. Saying 'allegedly' doesn't remove the burden of proof. Otherwise we could all say anything we wanted about anyone and hide behind it with allegedly. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve already asked everyone white on here to apologise to me for British imperialism and how my people were treated. Not one apology yet.  Disgraceful. 

I fail to see what relevance that has to current debate. 

Should I have to ask every Englishman to apologise to me for decades of foreign rule before I allow them to discuss prejudice?

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Don't burn the flag of the country that allows people to burn flags because it allows you to burn the flag (and also other countries far away from here don't allow this, this is relevant somehow). I'm struggling to make sense of that to be honest.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Xela said:

While we talk about slavery, worth mentioning that it still goes on in parts of the world and while people look forward to the World Cup in Qatar, lets remember those stadiums have been built on slave labour and people have died during the construction. 

This is nonsense.

Nobody is looking forward to the World Cup in Qatar.

5 minutes ago, choffer said:

I fail to see what relevance that has to current debate. 

Should I have to ask every Englishman to apologise to me for decades of foreign rule before I allow them to discuss prejudice?

I was being facetious mate. Point was discussing flag burning and anti social behaviour during the protests doesn’t undermine what the protest is about. 

Â