Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Think he might be retiring. 

Removed everything off his instagram and Villa. Just says he is a sportsperson now.

IMG_7610.thumb.jpeg.6139c464c8efa71b48a405a4e6076d91.jpeg

He removed everything off his Insta and unfollowed everyone just after he got injured. No idea if it said sportsperson or whatever then though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

it's just a picture with him saying he's going to share an update, he's hardly going to announce that his career has ended, if it was something that major, first he wouldn't play fans like that, second it would be the club announcing it, not him on social media. The picture isn't even that ominous, it's just a black and white photo of him looking towards the floor in a contemplative mood.

10 minutes ago, useless said:

it's just a picture with him saying he's going to share an update, he's hardly going to announce that his career has ended, if it was something that major, first he wouldn't play fans like that, second it would be the club announcing it, not him on social media. The picture isn't even that ominous, it's just a black and white photo of him looking towards the floor in a contemplative mood.

I want you to be right but I think it’s entirely possible that he would make a significant announcement about his own career, shortly before a club statement is released. I think if he is announcing that he is going to be providing an update it will be something significant, not just an “op went well, back on the grass in 3-4 months” sort of thing. But who knows, maybe it is something positive.

• Like 1

Can’t help but think it’s retirement. Shocked and I hope we do win something while he’s still under contract with the club. Even if he didn’t play a part in this year, he - along with McGinn - were massive in Villa’s revival and I’d love to see him hoist the trophy as it would be fully deserved for being part of the process. 

Let's not jump to conclusions folks. It's Instagram after all.

I'm expecting a smiling face on his next post and Tyrone saying that he aims to be back in training, so that he's available for the title run-in and for Athens. I wouldn't want to bet against him! 🤞 

• Like 1

Maybe it'll be an International retirement, though clutching at straws, not sure I see him making that announcement and drawing attention to him before he's even fit to play normally and not in the international conversation.

I think he's going to fully retire. I bloody hope not though

It seems like a really odd timing of an announcement.  If he's had bad news from the doctor then why broadcast it now?  He's got a contract until 2026 so it's not like there's any time pressure on him.  I know he did an ACL at Bournemouth and missed a year there, was it the same knee? 

Don't think he will be retiring he's only 30 and has 3 years left on his contract. If he wanted that paid out/the club want to claim it on insurance then he would have to try to recover and overcome the injury I think, similar to why Richards was left on the payroll for so long.

Unless he's been told he will never play again by doctors but insurance would take a while to go through that and it seems way too early.

Wont be retirement. It would be at the club not on Instagram 

He is a big deal for our club no way would we not make such a major announcement like that.

If and its a big if he does announce that, in my opinion he should be given a coaching role at the club

Â