Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

His goal line clearance was a miraculous split second calculation, in the position he was in a lot of defenders if not most would have taken a swing of it with their weaker foot and risked it slicing into their own net, but quick thinking Mings adjusted his body and cooly cleared it with the outside of his strong left foot. Funny thing is I actually saw some Everton fans making fun of him for clearing with his left in that position, but was probably the start of them being condemned to defeat.

• Like 3

On 20/02/2023 at 07:05, a-k said:

This forum is in dreamworld sometimes. The starting CBs of other teams this weekend below. Of the 38, there's about 5 or 6 I would rate higher than Mings.

ARS: Saliba, Gabriel

BHA: Dunk, Webster

BOU: Stephens, Senesi

BRE: Mee, Pinnock

CHE: Badiashile, Koulibaily

CRY: Andersen, Guehi

EVE: Tarkowski, Coady

FUL: Diop, Ream

LEE: Koch, Wöber

LEI: Souttar, Faes

LIV: Gomez, van Dijk

MCI: Dias, Laporte (and Walker)

MUN: Martinez, Lindelöf

NEW: Botman, Schär

NFO: Felipe. Worrall

SOU: Bednarek, Bella-Kotchap

TOT: Lenglet, Dier, Romero

WHU: Kehrer, Ogbonna, Aguerd

WOL: Kilman, Dawson

How many are left footed and don't play for city, United, Arsenal or Chelsea.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

As good as he was yesterday, and he was very good. You are absolutely spot on in regards to the costly errors in his game. Without them errors, he would one of the best centre- half's around. 

Without those very slight errors and lapse in concentration he plays for a champions league side which we are not so that’s why he plays for us but I have to say those errors are less and the ability on the ball is more obvious since unai came in.

Just now, punkiller1981 said:

Without those very slight errors and lapse in concentration he plays for a champions league side which we are not so that’s why he plays for us but I have to say those errors are less and the ability on the ball is more obvious since unai came in.

I'm inclined to agree. 

Good confidence from Ty last match and the stats back it up. Though I’ll say the Palace pressure was a bit weak but that’s what we need our CB’s to do at home. When teams are sitting back at home against us, there is a greater onus on the CB’s to be playmaking otherwise they’re just two training dummies back there. 

• Like 3

Tell you what, Arsenal fans do make me laugh. Crying over that challenge from Mings on Saka last season, yet mention nothing about Saka's stamp on Moreno.

I decided to watch the Mings one again, he slides to pass the ball before he has any contact at all with Saka ffs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Tell you what, Arsenal fans do make me laugh. Crying over that challenge from Mings on Saka last season, yet mention nothing about Saka's stamp on Moreno.

I decided to watch the Mings one again, he slides to pass the ball before he has any contact at all with Saka ffs.

I can’t stand Arsenal fans. They’re so obnoxious. My favorite is the raging they do over VAR acting as if it’s rigged against them then go absolutely silent when a call goes their way. I hope they lose the title race. Would be hilarious to see them spend all off-season blaming VAR.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

My favorite is the raging they do over VAR acting as if it’s rigged against them then go absolutely silent when a call goes their way.

I hate Arsenal fans also but tbf this describes every football fan and coach in the country.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Proud of him and to have him associated with my club. Natural leader and always fights the good fights.

Probably what brings him such hate from fans both from our club and others, but I want my players to have some personality and be outspoken if they want to be. 
Good lad. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dale said:

Imagine he is disappointed he's not in the England squad - most certainly should be. 

He any many others deserving, it just sends a message you can move to a club Southgate likes not play often or well and get picked .

• Like 1

Won’t get a look in for England under Southgate I don’t think. Southgate seems to favour calling up some of the younger players now if he can’t call up his favourites. Maguire should be no where near the squad but Southgate seems to love him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Is there? Ben White and Fikayo Tomori also overlooked.

And Lewis Dunk.

I'd say the "something more" to it is the fact Southgate is an idiot.  He left out a lot of people that deserved a call up in favour of his known (aging and continuously failing) quantities. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â