Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Absolutely thrilled! I was a bit worried he might lose his place after a lot of the speculation and negativity, but IMO he's our best defender and i'd even argue the best outfield player we have on the pitch a lot of the time. So, so important to our defensive setup.

The fact that he's a person you can be immensely proud to have playing for your club is just a cherry on top.

44 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

Big fan of Bog Ty. We're better with him in the side, that's clear. Yes, he has lapses in concentration and is error prone but he has many strengths and it just doesn't ever feel right when he's not playing. Konsa is better with him too. 

Seeing him at another club would be like seeing your missus with another fella. Doesn't feel right. He's ours. 

Toilet 🚽 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

Big fan of Bog Ty. We're better with him in the side, that's clear. Yes, he has lapses in concentration and is error prone but he has many strengths and it just doesn't ever feel right when he's not playing. Konsa is better with him too. 

I tried it once I think and hated it. Probably needed some kind of gravy?  

• Haha 2

Good deal all around. Our best defender currently and if (and when) we sign better defenders, then it’s an enormous boost to bring on Mings instead of Chambers for injuries and if we go deep in the cups and to also be in European competition. 

Length of the deal is good and if he wants to sign one more at the end depending on his fitness or if he moves onto a retirement league, good value all around. 

Lastly, I doubt Stevie is going to send him a congrats so that’s almost worth it. 

2 hours ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Apprently after the owners and Emery watched Chambers performance against Man City, they rushed on the phone to Tyrone Mings and offered 500k a week. And he accepted. 

And Purslow was apparently dead set against it.. He wanted to offload Tryone on a free and bring back Tommy Elphick on a 10 year contract because he likes the way his shorts smell. FACT. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chine said:

Fantastic news , love big Ty , keep him with us and put him on the coaching staff when he hangs his boots up. Ultimate natural leader

I can actually envisage him as a manager. Very eloquent and seems to get the psychological side of the game.  Plus learning from the best in the business currently. 

• Like 1

Article in the Guardian today - 

Tyrone Mings: ‘I would like to be fluent in playing piano, to get on to some Beethoven’ | Aston Villa | The Guardian

An empty Holte End looms large at Villa Park as Tyrone Mings takes a seat in the Corner Flag suite. He is soon discussing Aston Villa’s uplift under Unai Emery, coping with the noise after being stripped of the captaincy in pre-season, the pride of seeing his family celebrate wins, England aspirations and the small matter of hosting Arsenal on Saturday, but life beyond the bubble of a professional footballer has always interested Mings more than most.

• Thanks 1

Love the guy, this is extremely welcome news. Should put to bed any notions people were having that Emery would apparently not rate him.

There's a lot to loathe about modern football but he's always stood out to me as something to admire. Proud to have him at Villa.

Â