Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

13 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

My dads racist, so despite being a Villa fan he can’t stand Mings and continually singles him out for criticism.

Now I can’t say that is therefore the same for everyone else who singles him out on here but there’s a real world example of what I believe tends to be the fundamental issue that those who single him out have.

Its no coincidence the noise around Mings got louder after the BLM march and how vocal he was around the movement.

• Like 3

Just now, Oaks said:

Its no coincidence the noise around Mings got louder after the BLM march and how vocal he was around the movement.

I think that p**** Souness did not help matters either with the things he said about Mings.

Which was bang out of order too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dale said:

Giroud had two good chances in three minutes as Maguire let him drift. We've seen with Mings againsy Haaland etc. That he can make it difficult for this kind of player so maybe... 

Giroud scored against us a few times in 2020 with Mings on the pitch so I doubt it.

Perhaps he'll come back into the fray again post world cup but I doubt it, England will probably look at Guehi and Tomori again with Ben White on the naughty step now.

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

And in l seriousness its impossible to tell but mings' strongest ability is seemingly to talk and command

The second goal not only has maguire lost him but stones isn't aware he's behind him, stones takes half a step back and he can deal with the run but he needs the shout

You'd llike to think the chance giroud missed where he was stood alone in the middle of ppenalty box doesn't happen with tys talking

12 months ago Lukaku scored a near identical goal at VP. Was Mings man and he basically did nothing but watch him run for the cross and head home from six yards.

I actually think Mings has generally played well for us in 2022 but this idea there's some bias against him is unfounded imo.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

12 months ago Lukaku scored a near identical goal at VP. Was Mings man and he basically did nothing but watch him run for the cross and head home from six yards.

I actually think Mings has generally played well for us in 2022 but this idea there's some bias against him is unfounded imo.

Bias from Southgate or Villa fans?

On 11/12/2022 at 15:14, Tomaszk said:

Why does he single Mings out and not...Watkins? Or Bailey? Or Konsa?

Will one of those take his place whenever he leaves.

I think for the reasons suggested already, namely the fact that Mings was so front and centre with the whole BLM / taking the knee thing

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think for the reasons suggested already, namely the fact that Mings was so front and centre with the whole BLM / taking the knee thing

Being an outspoken POC in football isn’t looked on kindly by a lot of fans unfortunately, a section of complete words removed that follow footy in this country. 

Only got to look at the hate Rashford gets. 

7 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

This is incredibly disrespectful towards Conor, who remains one of our most handsome players of recent years. McGinns attractiveness is derived more from his wonderful personality 

And his big beautiful behind

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It was pretty quick from Pritti Patel being called out by him to him not playing for England again. I think this was as much the FA being leaned on as being dropped by Southgate.i do like a conspiracy theory though. 

5 hours ago, spiezels said:

Being an outspoken POC in football isn’t looked on kindly by a lot of fans unfortunately, a section of complete words removed that follow footy in this country. 

Only got to look at the hate Rashford gets. 

It’s not a football issue though, can’t lose sight of that. It’s a societal and generational issue that is highlighted within football because of the volume of supporters and the various platforms and opportunities they have to demonstrate their idiocy.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

It was pretty quick from Pritti Patel being called out by him to him not playing for England again. I think this was as much the FA being leaned on as being dropped by Southgate.i do like a conspiracy theory though. 

Definitely something a bit 'off' about his sudden removal from the England team. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â