Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Souness is dumb and is so far away from being relevant that it isn’t funny. Exactly the sort of people who Sky should NOT be putting onto their shows to do any sort of commentary or punditry. Absolute dinosaur. So boring. Ignore. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Between this and his weird obsession with Pogba, Souness might as well just admit that he doesn't like self-confident black players tbh

You don’t need to actually waste time admitting that if you’re writing in the Daily Mail, that’s like writing in Wisden and saying you’re interested in cricket.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Was waiting for someone to say about this 😉

That was mings in a nutshell, its the problem with him

Watch the play again, when the ball comes in who is Carlos marking? No one, Gordon has lost him, mings is behind him marking gray (?) who actually missed the chance, so what does mings do he steps forward off his man to try and win a header vs carlos' unmarked man, misses that header and it falls to gray

It somehow becomes mings' mistake... 

He's ass covering for someone elses bad defending or bad defending as a unit and it lands in his lap as his problem, the missed header and chance comes from bad defending from Carlos but it will be labelled a mings mistake 

That's the mings microscope 

It was Kamara, but yep.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Was waiting for someone to say about this 😉

That was mings in a nutshell, its the problem with him

Watch the play again, when the ball comes in who is Carlos marking? No one, Gordon has lost him, mings is behind him marking gray (?) who actually missed the chance, so what does mings do he steps forward off his man to try and win a header vs carlos' unmarked man, misses that header and it falls to gray

It somehow becomes mings' mistake... 

He's ass covering for someone elses bad defending or bad defending as a unit and it lands in his lap as his problem, the missed header and chance comes from bad defending from Carlos but it will be labelled a mings mistake 

That's the mings microscope 

I’ve not seen any replay, just was commenting on what I saw live. If that’s the case fair enough. 

14 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone seen this?

Man who gets invited to a zoom call to express his opinions goes ahead and expresses his opinions. Souness really is a tw*t. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Between this and his weird obsession with Pogba, Souness might as well just admit that he doesn't like self-confident black players tbh

Might not even need the self-confident or players part.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Souness increasingly seems like he should be sharing these opinions in an empty pub to a bored barmaid. Unclear why he gets any airtime these days. Don’t think he actually watches much football. Great player, but has been dining off that for years now.

Souness was a good pundit when he started but its obvious he is bitter that players today get paid more than he did and it riles him

Think he retired from management as players were going to agents instead of listening to the hairdryer treatment

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Souness was a good pundit when he started but its obvious he is bitter that players today get paid more than he did and it riles him

Think he retired from management as players were going to agents instead of listening to the hairdryer treatment

What bothers me is the laziness. His job is to talk about modern football, but he devotes most of his time to reminding people he won loads of titles in the 80s and picking on a handful of well known players whose “personality” 👀 he doesn’t like.

If he’s on for a mid table / relegation game, does he do any research at all? I doubt it.

So much easier to just bang on about players lacking winning mentality, and dismiss 99% of players as “not good enough”. No thought goes into it. And unlike Roy Keane, his angry man parody persona isn’t even occasionally funny.

Returning to topic, I hope Mings doesn’t take the bait. The Tweet was fine, but don’t let it become a thing. You can’t beat attention seeking gutter journalism, any reaction is a win for them. Keep on playing well, keep on talking about the stuff you care about, but don’t get dragged into a war of words with a bitter old idiot.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Saw it. Not sure it was necessary to be honest. Not because Souness isn’t an idiot but because I felt he’d already given the best reply by playing a blinder. Now Souness will just crow over it next time Mings makes a mistake. 

Up to him though and I still gave it a like!

Quite immature and petty to respond to it on social media. Actually thought he was bigger than that. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Â