Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

It's very possible that Ty was saying he was fit enough to start but the doctor/ stats/ metrics or whatever was saying otherwise 

Gerrard rightly wanted everyone who was starting to be at 100%

The look me in the eye stuff, though poorly communicated, was more about Ty being honest about his fitness and not trying to be a hero 

I dunno. Hopefully he starts today, plays well, we win and we can all move on with our lives.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Side picked based on performances...Konsa was shit last week so Mings rightfully returns to the side. Mings was recovering from an injury so not beyond the realms of possibility that was the reason he was on the bench last week. So, can we entertain the possibility that this massive rift was a load of bollocks then?

• Thanks 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

So what minute of the match thread are we expecting the usual "same old mings" meltdown? 

By the 25th. At the very least he should come off at half-time, is Gerrard **** blind?!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Maybe Tyrone still had the niggle so they said they'd get it scanned on Monday and so he started on the bench?

I think for Gerrard Mings isn't a guaranteed starter anymore and Carlos will likely be a regular starter so it's competition and a bit of rotation for playing time alongside Carlos. 

I wanted to see Carlos with 1st Mings, 2nd Chambers and 3rd Konsa against Bournemouth 🙂. I would prefer to see Konsa get a few runs as a sub before getting in at the start as he has been out for a while with injury. I agree, Gerrard doesn't appear to be a huge fan of Mings, it wouldn't surprise me to see him leave this window if we get an appropriate offer

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

What was all that shite about last week about being ready to play and looking him in the eye.

**** me he doesn't know what he's doing 

I mean, if you've chosen to ignore all of the other information which has come out during the week, and in the thread, regarding injury, and choosing to laser focus on your narrative, then yeah .. I guess i have to agree 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I mean, if you've chosen to ignore all of the other information which has come out during the week, and in the thread, regarding injury, and choosing to laser focus on your narrative, then yeah 

"Tyrone has a knock.  We didn't want to risk him." Just say that.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

What was all that shite about last week about being ready to play and looking him in the eye.

**** me he doesn't know what he's doing 

I honestly think he was talking about Ming's fitness. 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, daft said:

I honestly think he was talking about Ming's fitness. 🤷‍♂️

The more that's come out, it's made me realise that while it was poorly worded, in a time of frustration that's probably it.

As a few others have said, I imagine Tyrone wanted to play through injury and Management and Medical staff weren't having it.

So this could have possibly caused a disagreement but not as complex as our conspiracy theories.

• Like 1

Â