Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

He's quite outspoken is Ming's, an I'm feeling there's been a bit of a fall out here. Takes the captaincy off him, then don't play in the first game of the season. Ming's is Aston Villa, it's a little distasteful if you ask me.

• Like 1

Mings is so superior to Konsa it isn’t even funny. 

Mings is far from perfect and a frustrating player at times but his pro’s vastly outweigh his cons. Along with Martinez, they are both the first names on the team sheet for me. 

If this is the hill Stevie G wants to die on alongside his McGinn boner then so be it.

• Like 4

No idea what Gerrard is seeing that everyone else isn't, but we were an absolute shambles today. Mings has been a warrior for us and we always look more organised across the park when he plays. Shocking that he was dropped for Konsa, I could have stomached a Carlos/Chambers partnership but sacrificing our defensive general for today's setup was rubbish. 

It’s been clear for a while that Gerrard just doesn’t rate Mings. It’s probably best for all parties, particularly Tyrone, if a move is confirmed by the end of the window as the writing is obviously on the wall.

Let’s see who comes in for him…..

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

It’s been clear for a while that Gerrard just doesn’t rate Mings. It’s probably best for all parties, particularly Tyrone, if a move is confirmed by the end of the window as the writing is obviously on the wall.

What?! **** that. You keep your international players. Gerrard can get out of this club before Mings. 

• Like 1

Just now, DakotaVilla said:

It’s best for all parties for SG to put his ego aside. Seems silly to just ship him off when he’s still incredibly valuable to the squad.

I’m still assuming his “niggle” is the primary reason he didn’t play today and we will see him back in the lineup for Everton.

I’m really feel for Mings. The last two Villa managers have both seen fit to drop him for lesser players, as has the England manager. Fans are quick to get on his back when in reality, he’s very, very rarely been anything less solid in his performances, and often excellent.

He was amongst the least of the problems with this team and has had countless more great games for us than poor ones.

Seems to be held to a much higher standard than those around him. It’s **** weird.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For all his faults, today is the kind of situation where I've seen Tyrone single handedly grab a game by the scruff of it's neck and drive us forward to try and force something.

Dropping him is one thing, replacing him with Konsa is another.

I feel this is a clanger which the manager might need to swallow some pride on.

I'm sorry, today was unacceptable all around, but exactly what game have you seen where Tyrone has singlehandedly driven us forward to try and force something? He's often the weak link in these types of games so that's just nonsense to me

Just now, est1874 said:

I'm sorry, today was unacceptable all around, but exactly what game have you seen where Tyrone has singlehandedly driven us forward to try and force something? He's often the weak link in these types of games so that's just nonsense to me

You probably have me muted still but I knew you’d show up to make an erroneous statement regarding Mings. Stevie G, is that you??

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Can't remember the exact game, but I specifically remember a game where we conceded a goal ( or 2 ) due to his mistake, and he spent the rest of the game determined to make up for.it.

He started forcefully driving forward and put in multiple balls which resulted in an assist as well as an equalising goal.

Then again, as you note, he was making up for his own wn mistakes 🤣

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Huh? Are they having a duel this week or summat?

IMG-20220806-WA0015-min.jpg

He added more:

“When I asked if it was related to losing the #AVFC captaincy, Gerrard replied that it was ‘a little bit of that’ but also that he had a ‘niggle’. SG also said ‘we had enough quality on the pitch to win this game.”

Would really be gutting if he decided to leave over this. He was the catalyst to our rise back up to the PL and a mainstay since. He's synonymous with everything good about Aston Villa over the last decade. Play certain players who have better form ahead of him sure, but the way he's been treated has been shameful to be honest.

• Like 2

Â