Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Loved it when Broja was throwing a fit close to the end and even tried to push the big man. Ty barely flinched.

Must be awful to run into a Mountain in the middle of Villa park. You can see why Auba despised playing against him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Loved it when Broja was throwing a fit close to the end and even tried to push the big man. Ty barely flinched.

Was gasping for air from finally breathing out of Mings pocket. Aside from Che Adams having that free header in the first half it was a very easy game for backline today.

Since his errors v Leeds Mings been in really good form imo.

Always gives up one big error a game for me sadly. I did like when Coutinho got subbed he wanted to walk straight across the pitch to the bench.

Mings made him go off Doug Ellis side and basically made some comment I presume to enjoy the plaudits.

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He's our best defender, a leader and a huge positive influence on our side - he has an error in him like every single defender who ever lived but yet you just cannot ever bring yourself to praise him. 

Even your begrudging compliment towards him is wrong - he was shunted off to the nearest touchline by the referee when he looked to move towards the other side of the pitch 🤣

No it's not. Mings made a point to talk to him and enjoy it. I was right in front 

So even when he barely puts a foot wrong 5 games in a row, he still “has an error in him every game”

It was barely a mistake, and nothing out of the ordinary for every top level footballer that has ever existed. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

No it's not. Mings made a point to talk to him and enjoy it. I was right in front 

You’re both right. It was Mings who stopped him walking across the pitch and told him to leave at the nearest point. If he’d told him to lap up the plaudits, he probably wouldn’t have sent him in the direction of the away fans which is the way Countinho went. 

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

You’re both right. It was Mings who stopped him walking across the pitch and told him to leave at the nearest point. If he’d told him to lap up the plaudits, he probably wouldn’t have sent him in the direction of the away fans which is the way Countinho went. 

At least he managed to dredge up a strenuously hollow compliment for Tyrone. 

On 06/03/2022 at 13:05, rodders0223 said:

Always gives up one big error a game for me sadly. I did like when Coutinho got subbed he wanted to walk straight across the pitch to the bench.

Mings made him go off Doug Ellis side and basically made some comment I presume to enjoy the plaudits.

i guess i missed his 'big error' both saturday and last week vs brighton. and vs watford too for that matter. i didn't see newcastle so cannot opine on that but was voted motm on here which presumably wouldn't have happened if he'd made a 'big error'

4 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

When a striker makes a bad error - its a wasted chance.

When its a defender - it can lead to a goal against.

Technically, Coutinho made 2 or 3 'bad errors' on Saturday,  as he should've had a hattrick. Instead he got MotM.

Mings makes errors. So does everyone.  But he is the lifeblood of the defensive unit, and we are so much poorer when he isn't in the team. I would even go as far to suggest that others make fewer errors when he isn't playing, as he is sorting them out. 
And he appears to be an outstanding human being - and I love him at my club.

That's a really good point.

• Like 1

Â