Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

12 clean sheets in 14 caps yet people think he is shit

He's a good player but that stat is pretty meaningless given how superior England are over most of the teams he played against. Also Southgate sets up to win 0-0. He's steve bruce with a waistcoat. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

He's a good player but that stat is pretty meaningless given how superior England are over most of the teams he played against. Also Southgate sets up to win 0-0. He's steve bruce with a waistcoat. 

And a repaired (albeit fking massive) snout.

Edited by Steero113

On 06/09/2021 at 09:59, Zatman said:

12 clean sheets in 14 caps yet people think he is shit

I am not happy with this, and try point and defend for him as England he is come play and did brilliant, save Stone face, vocal and strong backline and good balance and good left foot passing around, support left back very good compare to Stone. Bizzare than Walker was worse England Centre Half (he is more Right Back and never be Centre Half) yet Mings still first to go.

I was suspire how All Media and Pundit blame him and Top-6 Fan as well (Most Non-Top 6 fan was want Mings stay and rid Stone as all of us), we know it is Stone was the one who make mistake lots and errors, Mings come strong and sort his messy and vocal backline, command better that Maguire as Stone and Maguire rare Vocal and command much as Mings. When Mings not play for England they look lost and Poor and worst Defend yet number in defend is help the temporary problem.

once Maguire come from injury, he is first person replacement even England Best Centre half 2 of match he play, he suppose reward stay and Maguire got wait his chance .... or Stone or Walker should one to go...

Problem we all knew it is 

REAL problem is Mings is not Top 4 players so he automatic drop that what Grealish was same problem even he win Lots of Man of the Match and High Creative, and best player for England all fear him and legs shaking when Grealish come play even Italy scare of him as know his dangerous. Italy was safe cos Grealish is not Play for Top 4 Club. Grealish is now play top 4 - he automantic starter that problem - FA is one big problem and Yes man manager do FA command - Like JL he not play anymore yet he play cos he is player for Manure United.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

His biggest problem for England is England's biggest problem in general - rice and phillips sat in front of him 

Maguire this mythical ball playing CB role that he has what that really means is that he has the authority to go past the 2 holding midfielders who don't show for a pass and do **** all off the ball, mings seemingly doesn't have that authority and instead plays a lot of slow paced 5 yard passes to those 2 who do nothing with it other than give it back to mings, he looks slow in possession because what's in front of him is so poor

Mings will play better for England with grealish in front of him offering him a 30 yard out ball that he has confidence in playing every time 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

His biggest problem for England is England's biggest problem in general - rice and phillips sat in front of him 

Maguire this mythical ball playing CB role that he has what that really means is that he has the authority to go past the 2 holding midfielders who don't show for a pass and do **** all off the ball, mings seemingly doesn't have that authority and instead plays a lot of slow paced 5 yard passes to those 2 who do nothing with it other than give it back to mings, he looks slow in possession because what's in front of him is so poor

Mings will play better for England with grealish in front of him offering him a 30 yard out ball that he has confidence in playing every time 

This too, Mings ball carrier to forward much better than Maguire, He is way more Ball player Centre half than Maguire even did, yet Southgate allowed him but not Mings I think should Maguire and Mings play this together and same roles one go and one stay and both right and left, and overlap centre Holding Midfield and one of Holding Midfield (Rice and Phillips) can drop as Centre half to extra space to attack or free space to help move next phase.

he can play when England full back do inverted full back he cover full back and boom forward once DM drop deep make 3 overload full back and centre half - Like Walker did in right centre half (3 back) Southgate tactical. Southgate don't allowed Mings yet Maguire allowed cos he is play top 6 and trust him more that Mings that why i find it is odd.

If Southgate play Walker-Maguire-Mings I would understand this for this his system. Walker-Stones-Maguire and Maguire play awkward right foot in left side which Mings prefect natural. it is not make a sense and make balance go sideway - This could because he is not top 6 team.

1 hour ago, Risso said:

Mings, a ball-playing centre half? Eh?

Long punts up the channels is mostly what he does, isn’t it.

He can play - ball carrier forward, and occasion long vision ball passing (Into the Channels) and switch side, good short range passing. Rare Punts useless under pressure or release the pressure to orgainse, play safer after that man city mistake (ref mistake) he learn this lesson.

these is a reason I see him as "quiet good" Ball-Playing with "Very good Vocal leadership" and "Very Good" Defends Centre half traits.  he is not best Ball-Playing Centre half but any centre half play this way as him? no that many.

Old School "traditional" Centre half - they often punt to clear and not play short passing recycles regular, don''t nothing much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Risso said:

Mings with the long punt. OR

Maguire with the lovely ball played up the pitch to turn defence into attack

:detect: :detect:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, markc said:

Mings with the long punt. OR

Maguire with the lovely ball played up the pitch to turn defence into attack

:detect: :detect:

First goal in the Prem was off a Mings "long punt." 😉

• Like 1

On 06/09/2021 at 14:30, villa89 said:

They can only beat what’s in front of them, the players have no influence on who they play against

5 hours ago, Risso said:

I think he is quite elegant and good on the ball, I think he is a ball playing centre back but he does just hoof it upfield quite a lot. He knows Watkins will chase it when Watkins plays, when we have Ings playing up front, we need to be a bit more cute because he doesn’t work as hard as Watkins but he is just as clinical

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Risso said:

When there's nothing else on he tries to hit whoever's up front or give someone something to run on to. I've not seen him just ignore an easy pass into a midfielder to feet and just smash it aimlessly up the pitch too often?

• Like 3

Ty is good on the ball. The fact that he can hit a good long ball into space doesn’t make him less of a good ball player. I’d argue it’s quite the opposite. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, romavillan said:

When there's nothing else on he tries to hit whoever's up front or give someone something to run on to. I've not seen him just ignore an easy pass into a midfielder to feet and just smash it aimlessly up the pitch too often?

Yeah think his pass completion % must be pretty high and moves the ball up field effectively when the opportunity is there. He's not really put a foot wrong for England so far. Must admit that cruyff turn gave me palpations though lol

• Like 1

IMO Konsa is the better footballer, but we would find it harder to replace Mings and his missing presence would be felt more within the team and squad due to his leadership qualities and communication skills. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

IMO Konsa is the better footballer, but we would find it harder to replace Mings and his missing presence would be felt more within the team and squad due to his leadership qualities and communication skills. 

They are a great partnership for me, they compliment each other well. Konsa just keeps it simple, he doesn’t over complicate the game, I like that about him. Mings is tough and good in the air, he is still an inexperienced league player, people forget that

• Like 2

On 07/09/2021 at 11:26, Risso said:

He's better than that though. We see this mostly as our style calls for him to pass down the channels for Watkins to run onto. Yes, he's no Franz beckenbauer but there are easily called-upon memories of his decent passing that have contributed directly to goals - diagonal long ball at Wednesday for Green to run on and cut back to equalise in a game we went on to win 3-1, down the wing and great ball across into the box for Trezeguet to score at home v Fulham last season (again to equalise in a game we go on to win 3-1.). Actually, bit of a pattern there...

8 hours ago, thabucks said:

I don't think he is - a better defender maybe, but as a footballer I don't see much range in Konsa's passing nor am I particularly confident when he is either carrying the ball into the midfield areas, or being closed down in the defensive areas. In both situations I'd have him behind Mings and Tuanzebe.

• Like 4

Â