Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

21 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Nah - he's here for the long haul. He's exactly the right level for us in terms of his ability and he's shown nothing but loyalty and gratitude to the club for giving him his big break. He's reflective enough to see that he went from rotting unappreciated in Bournemouth's reserves to playing for England in a relatively short space of time. I pretty much hold him in the same regard as Laursen and Mellberg as it is and I'm certain he'll go down as a club hero like those two did. 

Hah. If a top four club came in with a big 50-60 mil plus offer he would want to go. Trust no one.

At the end of the day football is a big business and no matter how much  badge kissing stuff, virtually every player moves on. Mings has been a really good signing and no doubt he is 100% committed at the moment but just don't pin all of your hopes on him. I don't think a player has lasted 10 years at Villa since Barry and Hendrie.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

At the end of the day football is a big business and no matter how much  badge kissing stuff, virtually every player moves on. Mings has been a really good signing and no doubt he is 100% committed at the moment but just don't pin all of your hopes on him. I don't think a player has lasted 10 years at Villa since Barry and Hendrie.

Tbh, I think he's at the right level - one of the best players in a team targeting the european spots. I don't think a top 4 team would offer enough to tempt us to sell him and I get the impression that being captain means a lot to him too. He's a lot more cerebral than Grealish and while I really rate him, he's not Van Dijk level where we'd struggle to keep him. I can't see him wanting to be a sub at a top 4 team over captaining us, for example. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Tbh, I think he's at the right level - one of the best players in a team targeting the european spots. I don't think a top 4 team would offer enough to tempt us to sell him and I get the impression that being captain means a lot to him too. He's a lot more cerebral than Grealish and while I really rate him, he's not Van Dijk level where we'd struggle to keep him. I can't see him wanting to be a sub at a top 4 team over captaining us, for example. 

You would hope so but after the whole Jack saga I think anyone can jump ship if the right deal is on the table. This applies to our star youth players too. There is loyalty in football but it's not forever. The only way to stop it is to become the hunter not the hunted! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, birdman said:

You would hope so but after the whole Jack saga I think anyone can jump ship if the right deal is on the table. This applies to our star youth players too. There is loyalty in football but it's not forever. The only way to stop it is to become the hunter not the hunted! 

It's natural to feel a bit jaded by what's happened with Jack to Citeh, but that was a different circumstance and a different player. Grealish, we have to admit, was a couple of levels higher than the rest of the squad - good enough to be a star in a title-chasing side. Could Mings hold his own for a top 4 side? I think probably, yes, but would he be a star? Probably not. 

15 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It's natural to feel a bit jaded by what's happened with Jack to Citeh, but that was a different circumstance and a different player. Grealish, we have to admit, was a couple of levels higher than the rest of the squad - good enough to be a star in a title-chasing side. Could Mings hold his own for a top 4 side? I think probably, yes, but would he be a star? Probably not. 

Yeah agree Jack was unique. Got the talent, the looks and the swag to hit the big time. But if Mings develops and becomes even better you know the vultures will be circling.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, birdman said:

Yeah agree Jack was unique. Got the talent, the looks and the swag to hit the big time. But if Mings develops and becomes even better you know the vultures will be circling.

Quite possibly - but worse case scenario is we get a ton of money for him and with the recruitment team we've got, I'm sure we'll be OK

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Obviously with England for the top bants with the champions league guys.

Fully expect him to be sold in about 12 months time then.

Yes, I am bitter.

No one but Villa fans seem to rate him so I think we're good.

On 30/08/2021 at 07:47, villa4europe said:

Mate said he bumped in to him yesterday in the bull ring, I said did you chat to him and he said not really him and his personal shopper were getting some balenciaga trainers

The dream of his perfection instantly shattered 

I hope he didn't catch his ribs.😀

22 hours ago, heffoman said:

Unable to play for Villa at the weekend but somehow able to train and be named as a sub for England four days later?

I don't understand this.....is there any explanation?

33 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't understand this.....is there any explanation?

You could almost Google it…

Tyrone Mings will still join up with England on Monday, but he will be assessed by FA medical staff ahead of the upcoming World Cup Qualifiers after suffering a broken rib.”

(link: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12395042/tyrone-mings-to-be-assessed-by-england-medical-team-after-suffering-broken-rib)

• Thanks 1

Surprised he can start a game so soon. Hopefully he just made a speedy recovery and there isn’t some conspiracy shit to this as well. England will become impossible to support otherwise if it’s just filled with snakes top to bottom. 

Â