Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Woeful for the 3rd too.

Disagree

The 3rd isn't on him, it's the whole shape of the back 5 that's shit

Start of the move mings is isolated in the centre vs Lukaku leaving 2 men over on the left, Targett steps up over the half way line in to midfield leaving azpilacueta in acres on the right, mings rushes over quicker and more committed than he needs to, Lukaku has too much space, steer can't handle the power

There are so many mistakes in that goal... Targett for me is the main culprit as soon as he steps up 

But it all starts with mings the left sided CB in the 3 marking Lukaku in the middle, it should be tuanzebe the central CB

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Once last season... 

It doesn't happen as often as people make out 

Not just those though. He makes other bad decisions like rushing in for a challenge and getting skinned (see the game against Joelinton last season). He's not as good as Konsa for knowing when to stand off and when to commit.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Disagree

The 3rd isn't on him, it's the whole shape of the back 5 that's shit

Start of the move mings is isolated in the centre vs Lukaku leaving 2 men over on the left, Targett steps up over the half way line in to midfield leaving azpilacueta in acres on the right, mings rushes over quicker and more committed than he needs to, Lukaku has too much space, steer can't handle the power

There are so many mistakes in that goal... Targett for me is the main culprit as soon as he steps up 

But it all starts with mings the left sided CB in the 3 marking Lukaku in the middle, it should be tuanzebe the central CB

Everyone is all over the shop he covers and at that point it's his job just to hold up play. Head had fell off and just over commits.

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Once last season... 

It doesn't happen as often as people make out 

correct but that last bit of concentration and improve his passing a touch and he becomes a very good defender, I believe there is still time for him to improve and shut the rest of the world up

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Everyone is all over the shop he covers and at that point it's his job just to hold up play. Head had fell off and just over commits.

No doubt he over commits

But like I said he over commits to cover Targett over committing, then there's still a lot left to do before it goes in, at 2-0 in the 93rd minute Targett doesn't need to press there, especially with such an easy out ball, mings doesn't need to press with so much space in behind him 

I blame playing a back 5 more than I blame mings 

Edited by villa4europe

Â