Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

27 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I now want our forward players to stand offside and walking back as soon as the ball is played forwards I want them to tackle and gain the advantage.

I would say I wholly expect Ollie or Jack to give it a go next game if only to prove a point, but then I remembered we're playing a Bruce side, they won't come far enough out to try.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

That's because there is no law. They've just twisted an existing law meant for backpasses and said "yeah this a law" and people are lapping it up 

I'm still angry btw

I was annoyed last night, I'm fuming even more this morning. All that hard work, discipline and a bit of luck, screwed over by a terrible interpretation of a rule. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I was annoyed last night, I'm fuming even more this morning. All that hard work, discipline and a bit of luck, screwed over by a terrible interpretation of a rule. 

It's not even a terrible interpretation. It's just dishonest and wrong. They're saying the word 'received' means something it doesn't. It's gaslighting.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I don't understand how Italy can have different rules and interpretations to England. Surely football is a Global sport. We play World Cups, Continental Football, friendlies etc.. against clubs from all over.

The difference is it was a FIFA listed international standard referee

Or John Moss and the support from his boys club

Let's see how arrogant PGMOL are when no refs go to the next international tournament again 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dante_Lockhart said:

I don't understand how Italy can have different rules and interpretations to England. Surely football is a Global sport. We play World Cups, Continental Football, friendlies etc.. against clubs from all over.

VAR across Europe has been interpreted properly and used properly and efficiently. Why else do you think Barca and Real are losing and drawing more games. It's no coincidence that they aren't getting the decisions they used to. 

In the Premier League the corruption and support of the Sky 6 still exists. It stinks. I hope people realise that Mings is not at fault. He did nothing wrong. He's been made to feel this way because of this corruption. I hope Purslow gets on it ASAP and seeks clarification publicly so that these goons realise that we're not taking crap off no-one.

It's happened too often this season. We're one of the club's that can end the Mafia Leicester are another. They're scared.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

I now want our forward players to stand offside and walking back as soon as the ball is played forwards I want them to tackle and gain the advantage.

every ref gives it offsite IMO. they used some rule to cover themselves but we all know the rule was implemented incorrectly. the rule is used for situations where a defender back passes to his keeper not knowing there's a striker there ready to pounce. that is what they mean by 'playing the ball' not chesting it down.

i'd love it if we started doing it though. sometimes you need to to prove a point

remember when you couldn't be offside if you're running backwards? then bolton (i think) put half their team on the goal line for a free kick and started running backwards just before ball was kicked. technically they were complying with the rules, but it highlighted how stupid it was

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm still **** fuming too.

You look at the wording of this 'rule' they're using to justify it and it's clearly meant for misplaced backpasses:

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent, who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save), is not considered to have gained an advantage.

There are 2 key phrases there:

Receiving the ball from an opponent. This means it can only apply if the ball has been received i.e. on the end of a pass. A tackle can't be a reception by definition.

Deliberately plays the ball. This is really ambiguous but to me playing the ball is kicking it. It's making a pass or a clearance. Not chesting it down.

Then there are the caveats which are clearly designed to have this apply only to backpasses. Deliberately plays the ball means the player was doing it of their own choice and not under pressure from a player in an offside position. And except from a deliberate save is to protect it from applying to goalkeepers making saves but also to defenders trying to make interceptions or goal line clearances. If it only applied to keepers it would say so. Therefore it applies to any player trying to clear the ball and only leaves room for it to apply to dozy backpasses from defenders. 

I really hope Villa are making all kinds of complaints to everyone about this. It doesn't take long thinking about the above to work out that the entire officials team got it wrong last night. And I hope the professional refs are on to PGMOL to tell them they now have no idea how to apply the offside rule because teams will now be exploiting their panicked attempt at a get out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If Mings clears it instead of chesting it down Rodri's position doesn't affect the play. If Mings doesn't f*** up the chest control , Rodri's position doesn't affect the play.

Rodri's position affects the play because Mings chests it down - deliberately plays and f***s it up.

Ergo he's not offside.

It's a bit of a loophole in the rule by itself and something needed to be looked at, but this is quite simply a result of Mings f***ing it up. It was very avoidable but Mings was just being Mings.

The rule is a joke. I am not disputing that but Mings need to stop being so casual on the ball. It leads to mistakes time and time again. It's costing us goals. It's costing us points.

Why should Mings have to make a rushed clearance because of a player that's offside?

Surely that means an inactive player is giving an advantage to Man City.

Really like the twitter post from Mings. Mistakes happen from all of our players.

The ruling is kinda like many situations for me.

If the ref deems it offside, it will be offside. If not, it will not be. Since the wording of the rule is how it is, VAR cannot interfere either ways because its not a clear error by the ref... To be fair, I dont think the ref is to blame, the rule is. Its just weird... Still think VAR needs a rehaul, but I understand why it happened the way it happened...

The other thing is that if Mings did leave it, the ball bounces and is still in play - There would be nothing stopping one of the other City attackers from making a play on the ball and getting the advantage from that. So Mings HAD to do what he did and rightly so - the whole thing stinks and like Owen said, that rule WILL get changed at the next meeting. Once again we're at the receiving end of it's failings.

• Like 1

I don't think there should even be a debate on the wording here.

How can Rodri not be gaining an advantage from being in an offside position when from the moment the ball is kicked he is offside and thinking about moving towards Mings in anticipation of tackling him.

He was offside the moment he started to move towards Mings,how could he be anything else?

Edited by MarkLillis
  • Like 1

Â