Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

It’s also very likely he has no real inside knowledge of our PSR situation. That info is about as sensitive as it gets and the club won’t be sharing it with a young reporter pup like Tanswell. 

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Tanswell was on the Athletic podcast last night, and repeated that Newcastle were interested in buying him in January. He also named Ramsey as one of the players we might sell because we need to raise £50m before June 30th. 

Of course he could be wrong, but it's not just old information, he repeated this stuff yesterday. 

Ramsey should be going for much more than 50m. He's pretty much started 100 games in prem now and next season if he can get back to peak fitness he'll be starting for us in CL and will surely start getting England call ups.

The issue here is Newcastle will likely sell Guimaraes for huge money so they'll have a significant amount to re-invest. 

Can't see Ramsey being interested in going up there, would be different if Arsenal or Liverpool came in for him but that's very unlikely.

We can't just sell endless midfielders either given Kamara will struggle to play again in 2024 so we'll already be going into next season weaker in that area than what we started this one.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

BBC think he's worth £34m. But Dewsbury-Hall is worth £35m (and Rashford £85m 🤣)

Sounds like typical ignorant media.

If he's only worth £34m there is 0% chance we sell him. 

And on the basis he's been injured the whole season, no club will pay what we want anyway.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cv2dr5dr98qo

Jacob Ramsey won last season’s Premier League academy graduate award after scoring six goals in 38 games, helping Villa return to Europe and he also won Euro 2023 with England Under-21s.

But he broke his metatarsal during the tournament, an injury which has restricted him to just eight Premier League starts.

Villa have insisted he is not for sale with manager Unai Emery making his stance clear in January.

The clue, BBC, is in your last sentence. Idiots.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

I can't see selling him unless we've got someone else coming in. We've got 8 established first team midfielders (JJ, McGinn, Doug, Buendia, Zaniolo, Kamara, Tielemans, Rogers) and that really isn't enough, as can be seen by the fact that 5 of them are currently hurt, leaving us at 3. If we don't buy/extend Zaniolo, that already puts us at 7, and selling JJ would put as at 6. Then you have to consider that Kamara probably won't be ready until at least October/November and Buendia may not be 100% yet in August. We're going to be very thin if we sell.

What are the chances of him getting fully fit again or will this screw in his foot be a problem for him to manage for the rest of his playing days ?

2 hours ago, Villa Gaffa said:

What are the chances of him getting fully fit again or will this screw in his foot be a problem for him to manage for the rest of his playing days ?

At least it’s not nailed on his career is over

😉

10 hours ago, TomC said:

I can't see selling him unless we've got someone else coming in. We've got 8 established first team midfielders (JJ, McGinn, Doug, Buendia, Zaniolo, Kamara, Tielemans, Rogers) and that really isn't enough, as can be seen by the fact that 5 of them are currently hurt, leaving us at 3. If we don't buy/extend Zaniolo, that already puts us at 7, and selling JJ would put as at 6. Then you have to consider that Kamara probably won't be ready until at least October/November and Buendia may not be 100% yet in August. We're going to be very thin if we sell.

I think Buendia is more the 10 / second striker role than midfield. We are short a CM that's for sure. I think LM is covered by Rogers / JJ as it stands. 

If we made it to CL, I can see him staying, I don’t think with his injury that he’ll attract much of buyers anyway. 
With him and Buendia around, I think this squad is going to improve much. The good thing about Buendia and Mings is that we haven’t rushed them, we’re doing the same now with Ramsey after rushing him before.

31 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

The good thing about Buendia and Mings is that we haven’t rushed them, we’re doing the same now with Ramsey after rushing him before.

Im not sure we did rush back Ramsey. The screw probably only started being painful after he played a couple of proper games at full intensity. 

13 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think Buendia is more the 10 / second striker role than midfield. We are short a CM that's for sure. I think LM is covered by Rogers / JJ as it stands. 

Good point...he can play both roles though...

Either way, we agree that we're short a DM.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure with the time off and pre season he should be fully fit to return in the New Year. I do wonder if we will go in for the likes of Nico Williams though. We effectively have Rogers and Ramsey for this position.

He just needs to get back fit, and back in the groove.

He's missed a season, and become the forgotten man.

We have had a remarkable season, in light of the cruel injury list, and the lack of bodies has been a huge test.

I don't see a need to be relieving ourselves of talented young players, with the club at heart, who's character and passion for the club, is priceless.

Next season, we will be in 3 cup competitions and an arduous league......and our squad is thin for quality.

I don't think Jacob, will go anywhere, unless a bid, we can't refuse comes in and he wants to go.

We need him back firing, then his worth, will align with what a good player, we felt he was.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, supermon said:

I'm sure with the time off and pre season he should be fully fit to return in the New Year. I do wonder if we will go in for the likes of Nico Williams though. We effectively have Rogers and Ramsey for this position.

Rogers and Ramsey serve different roles in the squad to what Williams would. Williams is on option for the right hand side to rotate with Bailey

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Fit and firing he is one of the first names on the team sheet for me. We have a minimum of 48 games next season and more likely knocking on 60 with a decent cup run or two. Both him and Rogers will have plenty of game time and there is nothing to say they can't both be starting.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gonna be brilliant to have him back and tearing opposition teams new ones next season…

Go on JJ! One of our own 🔵🟣

Unai’s gonna get him in pristine condition… why he hasn’t been rushed back and allowed to work toward that with no pressure too…

Same for Mings and Buendia…. and Moreno.

Looking forward to having them all back and at their best.

• Like 1

I've been one of the doubters but I have to agree that when fit and firing (which is key, because its been a while) we shouldn't be letting him go. As one of the six attacking options we have for the three slots behind Watkins, I'm happy with him coming off the bench and easing his way back into the first team. And I want him to succeed so badly because I know the talent is there (and he's one of our own!), I just don't feel we've seen it as much as some claim.

Him, Buendia and Diaby pushing for spots behind Rogers, McGinn and Bailey is a great place to be!

• Like 3

Â