Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

13 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Represents the club so we'll, even just watching him lead England u21s out and talking to mascot who is young blind girl, just gives you the impression that he is pure class on and off the pitch 

Its currently live on BBC3 and iPlayer if anyone's interested in watching,

JJ starts, Archer on the bench 

3 hours ago, TRO said:

JJ is not a true dribbler, but he goes past players in a skilful slalom effect( slight touch and drop of the shoulder and hes gone).......He is direct, and at times, its needed to create havoc and unnerve defenders.

I think he is more skilful, than is first thought...When he is on form, he really is the real deal.

Since we have started playing as a team, many of our players, are raising their individual game, and he is one.

Leans in to the changing of the wording of the stat, they no longer call it a successful dribble they call it a successful carry and then quantify it by it being running over a certain distance with the ball

And that is what he is, he's a ball carrier 

And just like with grealish it's a really underrated skill 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaBrum said:

Madueke looks a bit like Bertie - nice dribbling but keeps runnig into trouble and loses the ball.

I was thinking Jaden Philogene. Dont think there is much in terms of ability between them too apart from Maduke being more well known. 

Problem with the under 21’s is there are too many players playing for themselves as opposed the team. Cole Palmer is a great talent but holds on to the ball too long, his final ball has been poor. Curtis Jones is another one who hogs the ball for too long. That Mudueke needs to play with his head up as well. 

• Like 3

Ramsey I think will be a starter in the tournament, he, Skipp, and then one of Jones or Gibbs-White will probably be first choice central midfield.

Edited by useless

4 hours ago, WHY said:

Problem with the under 21’s is there are too many players playing for themselves as opposed to the team. Cole Palmer is a great talent but holds on to the ball too long, his final ball has been poor. Curtis Jones is another one who hogs the ball for too long. That Mudueke needs to play with his head up as well. 

I came to the same conclusion.

How he can improve: Ramsey needs to learn how to dial back the pace a little to add more patience, imagination and precision to his passing game.

I agree. I said last season he needs to be more involved and get on the ball more and influence the game with his ability and passing not just running and getting into good scoring positions.

Not helped by having a year under a manager who sees midfielders as "holder" and "runner"

• Like 4

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I agree. I said last season he needs to be more involved and get on the ball more and influence the game with his ability and passing not just running and getting into good scoring positions.

Not helped by having a year under a manager who sees midfielders as "holder" and "runner"

JJ by nature isnt a pass the ball side to side like Dougie and Bouba can. He is the player to make the runs when dougie and Bouba find some open space to pass into. He will never have big passing stats . BUT when he gets into those positions it would be good to see more composure. It will be interesting to see how Emery plays this one. What he wants to eventually turn JJ into. 

There's been both praise and criticism of JJ. I think the thing we may all be able to agree on is that he has a sell on value that will repay Villa's investment in him. We need more of our very good academy prospects to do the same.

At his best he is outstanding, at his worst he still puts in a shift. I hope he stays with us, but I would expect a very healthy sale price if he does leave.

Honest if we were to sell (and its pointless because we won't...) the Liverpool interest would be genuine 

Can't afford Bellingham so look towards JJ, he'd be a £50-60m player in this market

Maybe the most surprising thing about his link to them is their fans in general seem very open to it and rate him, maybe us seeing him every week and form going up and down etc nit pick him but I can imagine in general he's fairly rated

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

JJ by nature isnt a pass the ball side to side like Dougie and Bouba can. He is the player to make the runs when dougie and Bouba find some open space to pass into. He will never have big passing stats . BUT when he gets into those positions it would be good to see more composure. It will be interesting to see how Emery plays this one. What he wants to eventually turn JJ into. 

I actually thought around this time last year him and Coutinho were getting a decent combination going. Think back to them cutting Leeds down to size in the two games and I also think there was some fantastic combination against Spurs but we just couldn't score in that half. Then Coutinho massively declined.

So far Jacob's had a quiet season but this is the norm for most young players. Still not sure in long run whether he'll be more effectively centrally or from a wider position.

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Honest if we were to sell (and its pointless because we won't...) the Liverpool interest would be genuine 

Can't afford Bellingham so look towards JJ, he'd be a £50-60m player in this market

Maybe the most surprising thing about his link to them is their fans in general seem very open to it and rate him, maybe us seeing him every week and form going up and down etc nit pick him but I can imagine in general he's fairly rated

Is it that different to them signing Henderson a decade ago? Most of football thought Henderson was very overpriced at the time but he'd shown good form at Sunderland and eventually replicated that for Liverpool through perserverance.

They've got a few on their radar regardless of what happens with Bellingham. Very keen on Matheus Nunes who was massively hyped on here when Wolves signed him but seems to be on the bench an awful lot so that would be a curious one. Think Paliniha of Fulham was linked aswell which is more obvious but he has plenty of years left on his deal.

Â