Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Needs to play every game until the end of the season. He offers what a lot of midfielders don't, he runs with the ball and open the games up. There is not many midfielders who play like him.

He needs to develop his game, learn when to pass, and the weight of pass.

He could be a very, very good player, and him and Kamara could be the basis of a very good midfield for the next few years.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Maybe he was just getting his match sharpness back after a period on the sidelines due to injury?

That and a slightly different role tactically, he’s been asked to drop deep into space pulling defenders with him in our build up play it created a few opportunities today only to be stopped by a persistent fouling Everton.

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Controversial ... but would we be better to sell him and replace with Guendouzi? 

Probably get 40 mill for him because of his potential . 

Would Guendouzi suit us better  

they are different players who play in different positions.

its like saying should we sell kamara and buy Otavio, they play in different roles in the team, one doesnt replace the other.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Controversial ... but would we be better to sell him and replace with Guendouzi? 

No chance. We'd be down grading and J is younger and hasn't yet reached his potential. He is one of a handful of players we have who can be a big part of where we want to get to over the next 2-3 years. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Competition is healthy and there is in the position Ramsey plays, however Luiz and Kamara don’t have any real competition bringing Guendouzi or Merino to compete with them would be the ideal scenario.

32 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Why not buy that Guendouzi and keep our squad? That is the way we improve. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dale said:

Very poor first half, very good second. I'd been having doubts of late, glad to see him step up! 

Yeah this. I was a huge fan early on, then had my doubts. He keeps proving me wrong though tbf.

3 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Needs to play every game until the end of the season. He offers what a lot of midfielders don't, he runs with the ball and open the games up. There is not many midfielders who play like him.

He needs to develop his game, learn when to pass, and the weight of pass.

He could be a very, very good player, and him and Kamara could be the basis of a very good midfield for the next few years.

Yes but you can't play 4 midfielders at home. Today was the right game for him but next week you'll need a bit more creativity in the team so I think it has to be either him or Mcginn for the other midfield slot assuming kamara and Luiz stay in the side 

Must admit I was amazed on the match thread that people were saying he is anonymous and needs taking off. Yes he had spells when he didn’t pick the ball up and drive 60 yards up the pitch but his work and they way he operates is excellent why would we want to sell that kind of ability? It’s madness I really do think some people need to have a word with themselves but I do accept that sometimes during the match it’s emotion talking and not maybe what people really think. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The only controversial bit is the selling. Would make much more sense to bring in Guendouzi and keep Ramsey as well

Â