Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

If let's say  El Ghazi put in the same performances as Ramsey,  people would be far more critical.

Probably, but he is one of our own, and he's very young, so that's not exactly a groundbreaking discovery. lol

He does need to be taken out of the firing line for a couple games though IMO.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Has needed resting for the last 3 or 4 games. While he is resting, the tactitians can discuss with him how to be more efficient and effective and also the importance of positional awareness.

He has come on loads but a bit of resting and refocusing is needed with him to keep him fresh.

• Like 1

Was terrible today. Yes, some things went against him, but he was committing silly fouls, passing to nobody, and generally just not contributing in any meaningful way.

I don't totally blame him tough - he was playing deep and often covering behind Cash. We saw this before when we played with the two 10s and it just doesn't work. It doesn't suit him at all.

• Like 1

I didn't see today's game except for the end, maybe he was poor, but in previous games when people have said he hasn't been good, that's not been the case, the opposite in fact, he's been playing well.I said that as soon as he went on a run of games where he wasn't scoring people would start underrating him again, I think it goes back to the old adage that a lot of people don't know what they're talking about when it comes to midfielders, with Ramsey it seems people think he needs to scoring and assisting all the time to be playing well, but that's not the kind of midielder he is, he has that side to his game, but essentially he's a box to box midielder with a lot more responsibilities than just the attacking side.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Or just had a stinker.

Time to take him out for a rest maybe.

Yep, theres no problem with him just lost a bit of form, happens to everyone, rotate him out and then rotate him back in, at least do some kind of management of him 

Not convinced the formation changes have helped him

He got harshly booked after 10 minutes so that will always impact a CM especially in a game where you'll be off the ball over long spells.

Was going to say two week break could do him good but he's in the under 21s isn't he.

He had some memorable poor moments today. I can think of a few poor passes on the edge of our box and getting caught from behind in the first half. 

But I don't think it was a terrible performance. He was working the ball well in really right spaces in the first half when a lot of others were struggling. 

It's a lot easier to remember bad incidents over a longer spell of decent interactions with the ball. 

I believe it's called Mings Syndrome.

1 hour ago, useless said:

I didn't see today's game except for the end, maybe he was poor, but in previous games when people have said he hasn't been good, that's not been the case, the opposite in fact, he's been playing well.I said that as soon as he went on a run of games where he wasn't scoring people would start underrating him again, I think it goes back to the old adage that a lot of people don't know what they're talking about when it comes to midfielders, with Ramsey it seems people think he needs to scoring and assisting all the time to be playing well, but that's not the kind of midielder he is, he has that side to his game, but essentially he's a box to box midielder with a lot more responsibilities than just the attacking side.

It seems like people think midfielders are either DMs that sit in front of the defence, or have to be No.10 types always assisting or scoring, and there's no appreciation for the box to box midfield role.

Also I think another element to it is in the recent game against Leeds Ramsey made a few mistakes, but otherwise played very well in fact was probably our best midfielder in that game and one of our best players, but people focus on the mistakes and ignore the good, and have done the same with other players this season, including Mings and Watkins, it seems that if a player makes a few mistakes in a match, then no matter what they do for the rest of the game they're rated as poor.

He's been one of our best two or three players this season, one of the few we have that would interest the top teams.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

If let's say  El Ghazi put in the same performances as Ramsey,  people would be far more critical.

Well they probably would yeah, but Ramsey has shown more than AEG has, and is a lot younger.

9 hours ago, useless said:

He scored last week, still had a poor game today. I don’t think anybody underrates him (perhaps the opposite) but performance levels have dropped a bit. He’s the least of our worries.

On 18/03/2022 at 12:47, HalfTimePost said:

Neville and Carragher we're on Sky a few months back saying they were often tasked by  managers to tap players up whilst they were away. Neville joked about how Gerrard told him where to go when SAF tasked him with tapping Stevie G up, but that he wasn't quite the same when John Terry tried the same thing..

It pretty much confirmed many fans beliefs that the England camps get used for tapping up.

The whole thing for Villa really kicked when in relatively quick succession we lost Barry, Milner, Young, Downing and a bit later on Delph and now Grealish.

There will have been many reasons for why they each left but it fuelled the belief in parts of the fanbase. We all knew where we were headed as a club and that England wasn't really the reason but it became a bit of a spectre of incoming bad news.

Yeah but now United have Harry Maguire to tap them up...... He might be a defender 

He really needs some time out of the limelight.

It can be done, we do have back up for his position, we probably will end up where we are now at the end of the season.

Give the lad a break, Gerrard, he has earned it..

Â