Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

So is Terry currently sitting in a bush on the perimeter of Hulls training ground?  Who Dares Wins style!  Hope so, as we need to learn from the league leaders. 

Seriously though, how do we hope to keep a clean sheet at the moment?  Think we’re going to have to outscore them.   3-2 to us. 

We need to get back to the effective press again. It's been sorely missed over the last few weeks. I think DS needs to pick a back four and keeper and stick to it. For me, this is the best team we can put out at the moment. 

Kalanic

Bree Chester Hause Taylor

Hourihane Thor McGinn

Bolaise Abraham Adomah

I think Adomah gives Taylor a bit more cover while probably not as good going forward as ElGhazi.

• Like 1

I'd bring Kodjia and Adomah in for this one. El Ghazi and Bolasie have both been awful last few games. 

Lansbury has to start if fit, our midfield has been rubbish since JG has been out. You can't keep giving the same under performers starts. 

Bring Hutton back in at left back. Taylor should never start for us again. 

Leave Hause at home for this one, clearly not ready yet. 

• Like 1

The official site is trying to put a good spin on it this week but as ever show it on the pitch not waffle off it. 

Personally I would be pleased just to see some sort of improvement in defence as it has been shocking for weeks.

Sometimes you get a good performance when you least expect it, especially in this division- though it could go the other way and  for us to go ahead and  drop points again.

Absolutely must win. Anything other than that and we should be looking with concern at teams behind us, not in front. 

As well as that, we need a good performance. We haven't had one since West Brom. We need to figure out a way to play without Grealish - I personally wouldn't mind trying El Ghazi as no .10

You would have to think Tommy Elphick is going to be helpful here. He's been there for 6 months so must have some insider information. 

I put Hause in my team above but I'd actually start Tommy at CB, he will have marked their strikers in training all season so will know what to expect.

• Like 1

Kalanic

Elmo Chester Hause Taylor

El Ghazi McGinn Hourihane Adomah

Abraham Kodjia

Bolasie being the obvious impact sub.

Wall passes and overlaps out wide with the midfield two remaining deep to provide an extra line of defense against direct counters down the center.

Vertical passes from midfield through to the front two with the wide men and midfield two pushing forward as support. Full backs remaining as part of a single line back four.

That enables us to have some organisation at all times both upfront and at the back, with 4 men committed to protecting the keeper at all times, up to 6 can commit forward.

Lose the ball in the early phases of build up play or in the final third and we have either a single line of four or two lines of two committed to defense.

The six players allowed to commit forward in attack are also responsible for pressing. The other four designated to sitting deeper in case the pressing gets played around or penetrated.