Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

7 minutes ago, Hughes said:

How the mood has changed, not directed at you. Not long ago we totally outplayed Derby and Boro away,  pissed on the shit and scored goals for fun. Every Villa fan believed in promotion and now it's just doom and gloom. The one difference is Grealish. I am starting to believe is he actually much better than what most think. 

I don't think he is better than we think. what he brings to the team is a spark, a confidence that obviously is not there without him.

This is an old, slow team who quickly ran out of gas. We need virtually a new team when you consider that team sheet..

11 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I've never understood people who refuse to bet against their own team. I'd rather bet against us and win money as a consolation if we do lose than have us lose and lose money. Even when I bet against Villa I'd still always rather lose the money.

same here. I don't want us to lose but if we do a couple of hundred quid lessens the annoyance somewhat. If we win & i lose the money then i don't really care because we have won.

Draws are just annoying either way though 😕

Far more annoying betting on us to win against shit like Wigan & end up getting dicked 3-0 & being out of pocket.

Aston Villa have been responsible for me losing far more money than any other team/horse etc over the years

Edited by LakotaDakota

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

I don't think he is better than we think. what he brings to the team is a spark, a confidence that obviously is not there without him.

This is an old, slow team who quickly ran out of gas. We need virtually a new team when you consider that team sheet..

We know this though as discussed in various threads.

We need to be in the Premieré :trollface: to build a decent team imo.

I don't fancy building a new team in the championship.

Interesting that Keinan Davis is preferred on the bench and to whatshisnamethatusedtoplayforbrentford. 

Otherwise it's an utterly uninspiring team. Seeing Bjarnason in the team makes me sad, I'm not one for hyperbole but I genuinely feel that Doyle-Hayes would be much more useful in the midfield. 

The front three should be dangerous, if we can get the ball to them. 

• Like 1

Hopefully this can be a game where the players surprise us and click for 90 mins. Last few games have been pretty abysmal. Had a weeks rest two weeks running now, lethargy should not be an issue today. Get that press going. Hull have been very good lately, but they were truly shocking on thay opening day. Going for 2-1 Villa. Elphick bound to give away a pen.

12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I've never understood people who refuse to bet against their own team. I'd rather bet against us and win money as a consolation if we do lose than have us lose and lose money. Even when I bet against Villa I'd still always rather lose the money.

You do that and you’re happy with either outcome.  I do that and I’m depressed with either outcome.  That might explain my life.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No point signing people just for the sake of it.

It wouldn't be for the sake of it, it'd be because Neil Taylor is an absolute waste of space. 

Hutton is shit, and yet he's still the best left back at the club, it's astonishing we haven't brought anyone in yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I couldn't imagine putting a £100 bet on anything let alone a footy game. 😮

I had a grand on the 97 cup final between Chelseas & Boro. Needed some cash for something & stupidly decided chucking a grand on a random match was the way to get it. Was happy enough when Chelsea scored after a minute but it was pretty much all Boro after that with 2 disallowed goals and dematteo & lebeuf should probably have both been sent off for kicking juninho into the middle of the next week. Think i was only on about 12 grand a year at the time so it was a big bet & a rather nerve wracking experience.

Anyway i have also added Hull to todays acca so we're bound to bugger it up and beat them/get a point now ;)

Edited by LakotaDakota

13 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

**** me we've not even warmed up yet and the doom merchants out in force already!..

Let's give the starting XI a chance fellas. Smith is working with the cards he has been dealt.

I think we are entitled to express our opinions if we don't like the look of the line up.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Hause had without any doubt the worst debut I have ever seen by any player at any level against Wigan. He was so out of his depth is was truly embarrassing. Cannot see a week of training will fix all that but hope I am wrong. 

I remember Ugo's - God bless him- debut, an absolute nightmare, but he turned out not too bad a player. 

Come on Alan

I make no bones about it I am a Hutton fan. Yes he is a defender that thinks he is a winger. Thank god. He is the only one that attacks most of the time, rarely passes it backwards, reminds me of Willie Anderson back in the 70s. 

Come on Alan 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I remember Ugo's - God bless him- debut, an absolute nightmare, but he turned out not too bad a player. 

Wasn't his debut against Arsenal? And didn't we win

41 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Hause had without any doubt the worst debut I have ever seen by any player at any level against Wigan. He was so out of his depth is was truly embarrassing. Cannot see a week of training will fix all that but hope I am wrong. 

heh i went to a Wolves game with a mate when Tony Daley made his debut for them. Came on as a sub with about 15 minutes left,  He took a throw, teammate passed it back to him and it went straight through his legs for a throw. A couple of minutes later he gave the ball away and injured himself trying to get it back. Pretty much sums up his 4 years at Wolves