Kortney Hause

Sam3773

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Chuck him in the reserves for 2 seasons absolute wasteman

Bizarre

Good signing for us given where we were, served his purpose now move him on, problem is with his injury I'm not sure anyone would take him

He's better than faes or whatever his name is at Leicester

• Like 1

Was a poor decision to renew his contract when he was clearly already surplus to requirements. The club probably over estimated his transfer value and thought they were being clever, the reality is he was a good squad signing at the time but we should have shaken hands and parted ways last summer when that option was on the table, as the club has clearly moved on from that first loan spell and subsequent permanent deal when we were first promoted 

Edited by david-avfc

2 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Was a poor decision to renew his contract when he was clearly already surplus to requirements. The club probably over estimated his transfer value and thought they were being clever, the reality is he was a good squad signing at the time but we should have shaken hands and parted ways last summer when that option was on the table

yeah, cant disagree with that tbh.

9 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Attention seeking? Only reason I can think of.

The guy clearly doesn't want to play football?

Renewed his contract when he was a bit player. We put him out on loan and he clearly had a fall out because he didn't want to play football?

We were stupid enough to give him a big deal that's our bad.

34 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Renewed his contract when he was a bit player. We put him out on loan and he clearly had a fall out because he didn't want to play football?

That 10 minutes alone in the play off final pays for his entire time with us.

Next.

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

How do you know we have him a ‘big’ deal?

I’d wager his deal isn’t particularly big. According to sportac he’s on £8k per week? I don’t know how reliable they are.  

Maybe we even made a profit on him based on loan fees? Prob didn’t even pay his wages while he was out on loan

Maybe we even had recall options to provide essential cover in disaster situations?

I love how people jump to bizarre conclusions.  He has a contract and didn’t play for us therefore he must be a wasteman and a parasite.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Thug said:

I’d wager his deal isn’t particularly big. According to sportac he’s on £8k per week? I don’t know how reliable they are.  

Maybe we even made a profit on him based on loan fees? Prob didn’t even pay his wages while he was out on loan

Maybe we even had recall options to provide essential cover in disaster situations?

I love how people jump to bizarre conclusions.  He has a contract and didn’t play for us therefore he must be a wasteman and a parasite.

He's absolutely not on £8000 a week.

27 minutes ago, Thug said:

He’s on at least £20k per week. At least.

6 minutes ago, Thug said:

Based on..?

probably a guess based on market rates, we will have youth players on more than £8k a week

and £20k a week is still not a lot for a PL footballer

not sure what the problem is with him

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

probably a guess based on market rates, we will have youth players on more than £8k a week

and £20k a week is still not a lot for a PL footballer

not sure what the problem is with him

We signed him as a side in the championship from a side that had gained promotion from the championship.  He was an average player in that side.  It would not be beyond unreasonable to assume we paid him an average wage.  

The average wage in the championship is supposedly £8k per week.

What is the average wage of a Championship footballer?

Footballers’ wages tend to take a sharp dive if they ply their trade in the Championship and the average salary for a player in the second tier drops down to about £7,000 a week.

https://blog.mansion.com/sports/football/average-salaries-for-players-in-all-four-divisions-of-english-professional-football/

Maybe the ONLY reason we extended his contract was BECAUSE his low wage demands represented good value?  It’s not beyond the realms of being realistic, surely?

The wage you can demand depends very much on what other offers are on the table.

Maybe he’s on more.  Who knows?

Regardless, some random interwebs people making up things like ‘gave him a big contract’ and calling the people who gave him the contract stupid and then labelling the player as a ‘wasteman’ as a consequence of the aforementioned work of fiction - is stupid.

You know nothing.  Don’t make shit up.  Whatever contract he was given may well have represented decent value for us at the time we offered it to him.

Edit: (I’m not referencing you with ‘you’, it’s ‘you’ as in ‘one’)

Edited by Thug
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Thug said:

We signed him as a side in the championship from a side that had gained promotion from the championship.  He was an average player in that side.  It would not be beyond unreasonable to assume we paid him an average wage.  

https://blog.mansion.com/sports/football/average-salaries-for-players-in-all-four-divisions-of-english-professional-football/

Maybe the ONLY reason we extended his contract was BECAUSE his low wage demands represented good value?  It’s not beyond the realms of being realistic, surely?

The wage you can demand depends very much on what other offers are on the table.

Maybe he’s on more.  Who knows?

Regardless, some random interwebs people making up things like ‘gave him a big contract’ and calling the people who gave him the contract stupid and then labelling the player as a ‘wasteman’ as a consequence of the aforementioned work of fiction - is stupid.

You know nothing.  Don’t make shit up.  Whatever contract he was given may well have represented decent value for us at the time we offered it to him.

Edit: (I’m not referencing you with ‘you’, it’s ‘you’ as in ‘one’)

Even if he was 'happy to sit on the bench' we were more than happy to offer him a contract to do so (if that was what he was told).

• Like 1

Â