The VT 2018 Christmas Thread

Xela

Just had myself my Boxing Day tradition full English. Undecided whether to crack open a bottle. I usually drink more on Boxing Day than I do xmas day. Obviously long gone are the days where it’s a full on heavy session, but i’ll have myself a few bottles today. Was up at 6 with my youngest, and it took me a good hour to properly come round from yesterday. Very exhausting day is Christmas, but in a good way. 

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

We had a turkey crown, and it was excellent. Tasty and succulent, not at all dry. 

We had Turkey crown too, and I agree it’s far more moist and succulent than regular turkey which can be very dry.

Another one in the Turkey crown camp... with bacon on top accompanied with some red cabbage  (about the only veg I’ll eat cooked )

Was really tasty , I’m not getting the turkey hate ... especially when the alternative appears to be a nut loaf ... even if I had a bushy tail and fought crime accompanied by my side kick  Morocco mole , i’d still be chomping down on turkey over a nut loaf 

got a nice Gammon joint planned for tonight ,    any reference  to VT’s favourite insult is purely coincidental 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Off to a Miller & Carter steak restaurant today so should be nice.

Might struggle with the 4 courses though!

Go for the Tommahawk and report back to me :) ... I’ve always fancied trying it but tbh it looks mainly bone and not enough meat for my liking 

I had a t bone steak there and it was fine, but last and only time I've ordered a steak with bone in, just seems like you always get shortchanged on the meat. 

Also adding to the Turkey crown choice here. First time we've gone for the crown instead of the full turkey. It was bloody delicious. 

49 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Go for the Tommahawk and report back to me :) ... I’ve always fancied trying it but tbh it looks mainly bone and not enough meat for my liking 

Doesn't look like it is on the Boxing Day menu so will maybe try it another time. Plenty of other choices though.

With Mr Hankey now out the way I'm feeling more confident of polishing 4 courses off!

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I got my socks and I’m still full from my nut roast and vegan chocolate pudding. 

I thought preparing a vegan Christmas dinner wouldn't be too bad...then remembered the girlfriend's severe nut allergy. So I had to be a bit creative instead of defaulting to nut roast.. I didn't want any ready made food, so fake meats were right out. Ended up making a roasted veg wellington which was pretty bloody good actually. It's the first time I've done a roast all year so I went a bit over the top and we ended up with twice as much food as we needed...the homemade onion gravy and balsamic roasted sprouts went down a treat as well. :)

11 hours ago, snowychap said:

Vegetarians are words removed.

Merry Christmas 😘

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just had myself my Boxing Day tradition full English. Undecided whether to crack open a bottle. I usually drink more on Boxing Day than I do xmas day. Obviously long gone are the days where it’s a full on heavy session, but i’ll have myself a few bottles today. Was up at 6 with my youngest, and it took me a good hour to properly come round from yesterday. Very exhausting day is Christmas, but in a good way. 

Drunk most of a bottle of Tanqueray 47% last night, this morning I've had two huge bloody marys. I'm already bolloxed and we are all going out for a pub meal now, I just wanna go to sleep :)

• Like 1

Woke up this morning and decided I never wanted to eat or drink again. 

I've now changed my mind, getting a bit peckish and contemplating a beer, while waiting for the family to come round for the buffet. 

Only Aston Villa can spoil things now. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I thought preparing a vegan Christmas dinner wouldn't be too bad...then remembered the girlfriend's severe nut allergy. So I had to be a bit creative instead of defaulting to nut roast.. I didn't want any ready made food, so fake meats were right out. Ended up making a roasted veg wellington which was pretty bloody good actually. It's the first time I've done a roast all year so I went a bit over the top and we ended up with twice as much food as we needed...the homemade onion gravy and balsamic roasted sprouts went down a treat as well. :)

Sounds lovely. 

I wasn’t cooking so couldn’t be too demanding with the meal choice. But my mom was cute bless her and embraced the no meat demands. 

She still gets confused between vegan and vegetarian though. Hence the vegan puddings. But haloumi to start 😂

• Like 1

It's been a nightmare Christmas for me, my team are launching a new magazine for my area on Jan 2nd, so it's all been work!

Just want to wish you all a merry Christmas. Proud to support the same team as you all, and those I have had clashes with - it's not personal (people like @TRO!) I hope you all had a great Christmas. And I hope you all have a fantastic new year. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Dick said:

It's been a nightmare Christmas for me, my team are launching a new magazine for my area on Jan 2nd, so it's all been work!

Just want to wish you all a merry Christmas. Proud to support the same team as you all, and those I have had clashes with - it's not personal (people like @TRO!) I hope you all had a great Christmas. And I hope you all have a fantastic new year. 

It wouldn't do for us all to agree Dick it would be boring.....but when you break it all down......we all want the same thing.

Happy New year

UTV

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

Â