The VT 2018 Christmas Thread

Xela

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

The New Year? All of the above, obvs.

Well I hope you can find some time to forget about all of the shit things in the world and have a few laughs with friends/family/people who you care about over the holidays. Even if it's for an hour or two it's good for the head every now and again :thumb:

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Well I hope you can find some time to forget about all of the shit things in the world and have a few laughs with friends/family/people who you care about over the holidays. Even if it's for an hour or two it's good for the head every now and again :thumb:

It would be nice.

In the end, everything's shit.

6 minutes ago, snowychap said:

It would be nice.

In the end, everything's shit.

I understand it's easy to feel that way. I really do think like that quite often. But on holidays like this (forget all the commercial crap and the TV bullshit) being reflective and just recognizing things that you enjoy in life can be positive. Look at all the idiots on VT you have to set straight! You must enjoy that 🙂 

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I understand it's easy to feel that way. I really do think like that quite often. But on holidays like this (forget all the commercial crap and the TV bullshit) being reflective and just recognizing things that you enjoy in life can be positive. Look at all the idiots on VT you have to set straight! You must enjoy that 🙂

The world is shit.

5 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

You're actually worrying me now Snowy ☹️

If you're depressed please send a PM or reach out to a friend. This time of year is a tough time for lots of people for lots of different reasons.

Thanks for the concern - genuinely. Don't worry yourself.

The world is shit. :)

Edited by snowychap

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

@snowychap seconded re the PM. I know this time of year can be rubbish. But you're valued here, by many people. 

Good luck to you, and I hope you feel less burdened tomorrow. But if you don't, send me a message 👍

@snowychap I second Hanoi's sentiment - you are valued here and I always enjoy your posts. You're obviously a light brighter than most of the idiots here 😉

I like to think of you as VT's headmaster in my own silly mental picture of all the posters on here :D Always keeping us in check :)

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

@snowychap I second Hanoi's sentiment - you are valued here and I always enjoy your posts. You're obviously a light brighter than most of the idiots here 😉

I like to think of you as VT's headmaster in my own silly mental picture of all the posters on here :D Always keeping us in check :)

And this is @TheAuthority obviously:

051a03484350e7148519fa5a0781a38eafcda4-w

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

We roasted a couple of ducks, which were dee-licious.  I killed off a bottle of cabernet sauvignon by myself during the course of the evening, which may not seem like much to some of you professional sots but is quite unusual for me, particularly since it was preceded by a couple of glasses of sparkling wine and a large bottle of ale.

I hope you all had a nice a Christmas as I did.

• Like 2

On the 24th i had rouladen which was like thin sliced beef rolled up with gherkin and onions in the middle and a load of mustard, served with gnocchi and sprouts cooked with walnuts and bacon, was really good

Yesterday I had about 8 hours of cooked meats (my missus brother brought out some home made cured wild boar meat and maybe more worrying his own meat saw) and German cheese which is pretty boring, the red Leicester I brought went down a treat, the marmite I brought didn't...followed by so many Xmas biscuits like lebkucken etc no really big meal like our turkey but still a full on day of just eating and drinking

• Like 1

Â