The VT 2018 Christmas Thread

Xela

Only one in the house that's up at present and looking around my lounge, the kids have had some right shite presents this year.  My lad (age 6) really wanted and had this "Ryan's giant surprise egg", basically a giant kinder egg with not much in it at all apart from bits of tat (£50 that was alone).  Also had loads of roblox figures, match attax tins and other shite.   My daughter's stuff (age 4) is even worse, a LOL carry case of utter shite and tat (£70) and a unicorn called "poopsie" (£50) that shits slime!   Some additional bits of shite also, including board games I've never heard of!   I mean no "downfall" or "connect 4" to be seen anywhere?

I've already informed Mrs F that I'm controlling the main present buying next year, and will ensure some "Villa" stuff is procured and possibly a Nintendo switch/DS or something?  Can't stand my lounge full of this crap!  Need a bloody skip!!  Anyway, happy new year everyone...off for a dump.     UTV

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Only one in the house that's up at present and looking around my lounge, the kids have had some right shite presents this year.  My lad (age 6) really wanted and had this "Ryan's giant surprise egg", basically a giant kinder egg with not much in it at all apart from bits of tat (£50 that was alone).  Also had loads of roblox figures, match attax tins and other shite.   My daughter's stuff (age 4) is even worse, an LOL carry case of utter shite and tat (£70) and a unicorn called "poopsie" (£50) that shits slime!   Some additional bits of shite also, including board games I've never heard of!   I mean no "downfall" or "connect 4" to be seen anywhere?

I've already informed Mrs F that I'm controlling the main present buying next year, and will ensure some "Villa" stuff is procured and possibly a Nintendo switch/DS or something?  Can't stand my lounge full of this crap!  Need a bloody skip!!  Anyway, happy new year everyone...off for a dump.     UTV

Second that mate, Some of the absolute shit my daughter received borderlines this too. 

'LoL' - A huge case of shite with wee bags of sand and 2" dolls that look like cross dressers.

- Some board game where the animal snots if you don't get the bits on quick enough.

- A babyborn doll that pisses itself.

- A tub of unicorn poo (Brown slime)

Now I know it's the thought that counts but imo no one has thought about this and just went sod it.. into the basket whilst muttering "that'll do her".

I'd rather they used the same money on gift cards as those 4 things above would come to a total of £140 alone.

Just as well she got some decent presents off of the "big man" that are decent and educational because it begs the question, what is becoming of this shit?

Now I can see why people tell others "Don't bother".

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Reading this stuff makes having children sound horrifying. 

I am comfortable with the fact I don't want children now. 10 years ago I was a "maybe", bit now, absolutely not. They do not figure in my plan to retire early and live a peaceful life! 

• Like 1

My wife bought me one of those boom box things. It’s not something I’d consider buying, but I really like it. Ozzy Osbourne tickets, The Holy Bible which dates back to 1875, and it’s so daunting looking, and weighs a tonne. Found three locks of hair in it the other day whilst I was flicking through. She also bought me a lovely  rosary beads which date back to the mid-late 18th century. The weird thing is, I also got her rosary beads which was the same colour and almost identical, but the one I got her didn’t have any history attached to it. Pjs , aftershave, trainers, picture of the kids, and that’s about it.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I got my wife tickets for the Titanic( her favourite film) live musical. It’s at Glasgow, so we will make a day and night of it. Never been to Scotland before. Also got her a Gin tasting experience at some place in Stourbridge

Nicholls & Perks ?

If it is, I believe they are one of, if not the oldest wine importer in the UK - their cellar is amazing - they have bottles or wine and liquor going back to the 1700’s.

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Nicholls & Perks ?

If it is, I believe they are one of, if not the oldest wine importer in the UK - their cellar is amazing - they have bottles or wine and liquor going back to the 1700’s.

Can’t remember the name, but it’s not there. 

Spent two days in Nuremberg which is a really pretty city inside the old town and then like every other German city outside, took the missus to the rally grounds and was quite surprised about what she didn't know but it was also great talking to her about her own family history

today walked up some hills in northern Bavaria, snowed and was foggy so couldn't see shit through the soup but that probably made it cooler, bought far too much bad stuff like lebkuchen, German liquorice sweets high they have loads of and some stuff that will be in the eating thread in the next couple of weeks

tomorrow back to England for nye, I think the worst thing for the missus will be the lack of fireworks, really cheap here and sold and advertised everywhere, did it last year in Salzburg, everyone piling in to the street at midnight to set off fireworks was brilliant, ours is shit in comparison 

• Like 1

Â