Racism in Football

Zatman

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 13:27, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's highly likely that between them they have this sort of banter and it's considered perfectly acceptable. However it's certainly idiotic to share 'private banter' like that on Twitter.

That was my thought, by all means send it him by whatsapp if you think he'll see the funny side. The world we live in cannot cope with it.

I think you guys are blowing the response to this out of proportion. The most I've seen, from Kick It Out for example is to have the FA mandate he take a course. I've seen way more outrage at "PC culture" or whatever other tired cliches that pop up during incidents like this than outrage at Bernardo. 

17 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I think maybe he should have whatsapped him. Putting anything like that on social media will always cause an 'outrage' 

I don't remember the same 'outrage' against Charlie Hebdo, or is that because that is satirical

There was a pretty deadly instance of outrage against them if you recall. 

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

There was a pretty deadly instance of outrage against them if you recall. 

Yes obviously, but the general consensus was humour. Comedians can get away with many things in their art. I'm not on social media for many reasons, one of which is how easy it is to offend someone but perspective is needed here. I detest racism but the ability to not offend someone is impossible

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Yes obviously, but the general consensus was humour. Comedians can get away with many things in their art. I'm not on social media for many reasons, one of which is how easy it is to offend someone but perspective is needed here. I detest racism but the ability to not offend someone is impossible

Yeah, a random person telling a "joke" won't be given the benefit of the doubt as people tend to mask maliciousness under the guise of a joke. Comedians are typically given a lot more leeway in this regard because it's their job to make jokes.

Though with all the comedians recently coming out with 7 figure specials to whine about how they're being silenced you'd be forgiven for thinking otherwise.

Choudhray has been racially abused by Liverpool fans on social media because of a bad tackle on Salah. Will probably get less media attention as its Liverpool fans and not a team like Chelsea

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Choudhray has been racially abused by Liverpool fans on social media because of a bad tackle on Salah. Will probably get less media attention as its Liverpool fans and not a team like Chelsea

Did Mane get abuse for diving by the same fans?

21 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We can't really throw stones from our glass house. At least those fans targeted opposition players who they held some malice for. We're singing racist chants about one of our own players who we presumably like :unsure:

Your “at least” comment shows a generosity of spirit that I don’t have, @Keyblade.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We can't really throw stones from our glass house. At least those fans targeted opposition players who they held some malice for. We're singing racist chants about one of our own players who we presumably like :unsure:

I wouldn’t class it as “we”, it’s a very select small minority of idiots, don’t include them in with everyone 

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I'm assuming the Club Statement relates to the Konsa chant, not sure who the other player is. 

The 'two first team players' in the Statement is referring to Nakamba and McGinn. The club kind of ignored the Konsa chant, perhaps in the hope that fans would sort it out themselves.

Â