Racism in Football

Zatman

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

The 'two first team players' in the Statement is referring to Nakamba and McGinn. The club kind of ignored the Konsa chant, perhaps in the hope that fans would sort it out themselves.

Oh ok, I've not heard any unsuitable McGinn chants but I've not checked you tube

9 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Oh ok, I've not heard any unsuitable McGinn chants but I've not checked you tube

The chant is about Nakamba, generally, and references McGinn.  It's a song referencing two first-team players.

3 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Yes i've just found the lyrics, not a good advert for Aston Villa. Eventually these idiots will get old and die

They arent old at all from the reports of their ages 😕

On 09/10/2019 at 02:53, Keyblade said:

Footage surfaced of some of our fans singing 10 German Bombers at Leipzig this summer. Great timing.

not sure what line if any you can draw between football rivalries as in England singing songs about germany, Ireland, Scotland etc and singling out individuals for the colour of their skin, I don't think the "rivalry" songs will stop

I would be surprised if 10 german bombers will go away, it'll have a "nawty" element too meaning that the coked up dickhead yoof that follow England for the session rather than the football will revel in wheeling it out for their mates social media

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

not sure what line if any you can draw between football rivalries as in England singing songs about germany, Ireland, Scotland etc and singling out individuals for the colour of their skin, I don't think the "rivalry" songs will stop

I would be surprised if 10 german bombers will go away, it'll have a "nawty" element too meaning that the coked up dickhead yoof that follow England for the session rather than the football will revel in wheeling it out for their mates social media

Well those songs need to stop. I feel pretty uncomfortable with listening to English media people saying Bulgaria should be thrown out of international competition, as if we don't regularly shame ourselves with 'ten german bombers'. If we had been thrown out of every tournament in which our fans sang '**** the pope' during qualifying, we would never have appeared in a finals. 

that's a discussion that dives deep in to what racism / bigotry actually is

seeing as some of our fans don't see the problem with the nakamba / konsa song telling them to stop singing war songs (especially in Brexit Britain)  and songs about other religions is still a way off

44 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I agree.

I think it's tasteless, divisive, and indicative of the attitudes of a lot of the British public that seek to gloat over past victories and get misty-eyed over the empire rather than bridging divisions and embracing our neighbours.

It's stupid. Nowhere close to being on the level of targeting players based on their skin colour though. 

Precisely this.

'10 German Bombers' makes me cringe.  The Nakamba song and behaviour of the Bulgarians makes me sick.

5 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

So when we play city in a couple of weeks and Sterling dives to get a pen in the first 10 minutes is anyone going to boo him every time he touches the ball for the rest of the match..

So what you're asking is will people boo him for being an arsehole, rather than will people boo him from the first minute due to his race?

I don't think these are the same thing.

Obviously booing a black guy for being a knob is fine, but surely you must have noticed the pattern of booing and noises during the game last night?

• Like 2

Last Night was despicable and full praise to Tyrone for calling it out.....must have been difficult on your debut.

Racism has no place anywhere not just football, but equally we have to be careful not to tar every Bulgarian with the same brush.....Stan is an Absolute Gentleman and is not reflective in any way of that sort of behaviour.

However ,Its clear from their managers comments there are issues there that they need to deal with, if they want to continue to participate in International football.

I was pleased with the white element of our squad and the serious approach they took to rebuking the sickening chants ( i.e Kane and Trippier)and supporting their mates as they should....How the black players play through that is amazing, they deserve much credit.

I agree with Ian Wright, The black people need the support from the White people,(its just a bit more difficult to argue for yourself )and in the main they get it.....but the authorities must do more in terms of punishment . These thugs and bigots must be rooted out and only their own can do it.

I think the protocols and bringing the players off was a significant step.

I also think the "No Respect" shirt, shows there is still some way to go, to eradicate this disease.

If we hear anything in our ground, I hope the fans chant against it, like the England fans did.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

On 07/10/2019 at 17:52, Talldarkandransome said:

Yes i've just found the lyrics, not a good advert for Aston Villa. Eventually these idiots will get old and die

Hopefully, they will just stop it.

They need an education as to what Banter is......and that song isn't.

Â