• Abraham
    • Bolasie
    • El Ghazi (Kodjia 66)
    • McGinn (Whelan 78)
    • Elmohamady (Bolasie 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/12/18 at 17:30

Just now, romavillan said:

To be fair the previous incumbent decimated the defence and left Smith with ZERO options, the back 5 picks itself and it's not Smith's fault.  

I'm a huge fan of Smith and what he's doing but he can't be blameless for the team conceding so many. His system is definitely leaving us very exposed defensively and he needs to sort it out soon. 

• Like 2

As much as I like Smith, and our new found attacking impetus... we really do need to work on our defending as well. That was frankly, ridiculous. Surely we've seen the last of Nyland!? Bring back Enckelman!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, djdabush said:

As much as I like Smith, he needs to be able to get the players to shut up shop and see games out.

It's trying to see the game out that cost us. After we went ahead, the passing slowed considerably and we went backwards. We let them back into it.

Never sit back when 1 up. Always be looking for a 2nd. Don't give them even a sniff of drawing level. 

• Like 4

Great character to come back into the game, but so disappointed not to win after going 5-4 up. Gutted. 

Well done Abraham for the goals. Just a shame we’ve got a clown in goal and defenders who scare the sh*t out of me whenever anybody runs at them, or passes the ball around them, or shoots. Or any attacking intent in fact!!

Just now, kiltorken said:

I'm a huge fan of Smith and what he's doing but he can't be blameless for the team conceding so many. His system is definitely leaving us very exposed defensively and he needs to sort it out soon. 

I don’t know, Bruce got by on “he can’t kick the ball for them” for over 2 years.

• Like 2

Really poor game management at 5-4. Not sure why were still throwing everyone forward at this stage and then Grabban had acres of space in the box to make it 5-5. I love the attacking play were producing but we need to be able to close things out and be a bit more solid at times

From the sublime to the ridiculous and back again. Utterly extraordinary. As someone said before the match, we've pressed 'Keegan mode'. In one way, it's a painful shame we don't have a defence because if we did, we'd w*nk on this pile of sh*t league, but in another way, if we had the perfectly formed team, Bruce may still be here! We are sooooo close to being perfect, it's annoying! Overall, love it though. 

• Like 2

I'm just sat staring into space, bewildered with what I have just witnessed..  that is the craziest game of football I have EVER seen... 

Well.. since Preston!

Girlfriend is upstairs, in bed (keep it clean boys)... I usually talk her through what's happened.. I did this at HT (lucky her) she said I looked rung out and should switch my phone off and go to sleep, I kinda wished I had, it's going to be impossible to switch off after that, think I've aged 5 years! 

Need time to digest it all in. 

Probably the best game of football I've seen. It would have graced any league or stadium. It was like two boxers giving everything but neither accepting defeat.

Only thing missing was coins thrown into the ring at the end of the game but Villa would have been fined for that lol.

Pass and move football at it's best by both teams.

Edited by striker
  • Like 2

Â