Neil Cutler

KH**

10 hours ago, Xela said:

Wonder if Smith will try and poach him from us? Depends how strong his relationship is with him I guess. 

certainly possible. he was a smith signing i believe

11 hours ago, Xela said:

Wonder if Smith will try and poach him from us? Depends how strong his relationship is with him I guess. 

Norwich have their own goalkeeping coach, Ed Wootten, who has been there since 2015. He works closely with Tim Krul. Doesn’t look like he was sacked along with Farke and his coaching team, so if so I suppose the question is rather - wonder if Smith will try to get the established goalkeeper coach at Norwich sacked and then seek to persuade the established goalkeeper coach at Villa to follow him to Norwich?

Edited by briny_ear

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is on Facebook there is a short clip with Cutler talking with Ben Foster I think on the Cycling GK page from 6 days ago. Talks about process of scouting the right GK and so on. Just posting incase anyone is interested in a bit of the insight of how it works. 

Glad he has been kept on by the club BTW.

• 3 months later...

I been watching the Fozcast lately and there's a really good episode with Neil Cutler as the guest - Boaz Myhill (former Villa youth product) is there too!

Really good insight into the day-to-day, how they incorporate youth into the first team - seems a really positive guy! 

• 2 weeks later...

Emi Martinez absolutely loves him, you can tell with how he talks about him.

Loved in the Emi interview with Foster, that Cutler told him to not apologise for goals conceded as you'll have saved loads in that time.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 minute ago, gordy said:

If Emery brings in Javi Garcia, has been with him since 2015, will Cutler be kept on?

Personally hope so, knows his stuff from what ive watched

Tbh I think his time might be finally up. Change is good sometimes and Emi/Olsen might benefit from 'something different' . 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, deeps said:

He stays me thinks. 

Hopefully. I'd like to think Emery would keep around a few guys that are connected to the team. But Emery has a GK coach that he's worked with since his days in Sevilla. (Who I'm pretty sure I hired in Football Manager 20.)

1 hour ago, gordy said:

If Emery brings in Javi Garcia, has been with him since 2015, will Cutler be kept on?

Personally hope so, knows his stuff from what ive watched

means he would have worked with Emi before at Arsenal

Â