January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

Just now, Michael118 said:

Image result for surrounded by idiots

Just for shits and giggles, and for the benefit of posters that haven't been enlightened by your superior football knowledge, post your best 11 out of all the players we have had since relegation. 

I'm to lazy to search through your posts but I remember it being comedy gold. 

8 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Both have the ability to get the best out of players with a lot of x factor who might be underperforming for whatever reason. Allardyce got the best out of Bolasie while he was at Crystal Palace and Pulis got the most out of Traore who is a similar player. Their teams are always solid allowing a player like Bolasie to play his natural game more freely. They would value him more and set their teams up to accommodate him better. On top of that, they are both able to deal with 'bigger personalities' like Bolasie and are more on his wavelength than the majority of managers. 

You’ve made some valid points there but anyone that knows anything about football can see that physically Bolasie is a shadow of the player he was before his injury. How is any manager going to give him the yard of pace he has lost?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Both have the ability to get the best out of players with a lot of x factor who might be underperforming for whatever reason. Allardyce got the best out of Bolasie while he was at Crystal Palace and Pulis got the most out of Traore who is a similar player. Their teams are always solid allowing a player like Bolasie to play his natural game more freely. They would value him more and set their teams up to accommodate him better. On top of that, they are both able to deal with 'bigger personalities' like Bolasie and are more on his wavelength than the majority of managers. 

Valid points, though I think we are getting the best we can out of Bolasie. Imo we should cancel his loan if we can, he is too much of a show pony and plays for himself and he doesn't contribute enough to justify his reported wages. He is fun to watch, but he doesn't make the team tick. Perfect to have as an impact sub, but he's too expensive for that role. For his wages we could probably cover the wages of Barbet, Sawyers and Maupay together and they would probably collectively add much more to the team. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You’ve made some valid points there but anyone that knows anything about football can see that physically Bolasie is a shadow of the player he was before his injury. How is any manager going to give him the yard of pace he has lost?

Do you honestly think it would be an issue if he was playing in an Allardyce or Pulis team? He was probably the most dangerous player in the Premier League a couple of seasons ago. He should be absolutely storming the Championship.

Edited by Michael118
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Do you honestly think it would be an issue if he was playing in an Allardyce or Pulis team? He was probably the most dangerous player in the Premier League a couple of seasons ago. He should be absolutely storming the Championship.

Losing the yard of pace that made him the player he was would be a issue with any manager. Smith is not the reason he can’t skip past players anymore! 

47 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Valid points, though I think we are getting the best we can out of Bolasie. Imo we should cancel his loan if we can, he is too much of a show pony and plays for himself and he doesn't contribute enough to justify his reported wages. He is fun to watch, but he doesn't make the team tick. Perfect to have as an impact sub, but he's too expensive for that role. For his wages we could probably cover the wages of Barbet, Sawyers and Maupay together and they would probably collectively add much more to the team. 

Biggest myth around. He plays with a lot of individuality but is also highly unselfish.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Losing the yard of pace that made him the player he was would be a issue with any manager. Smith is not the reason he can’t skip past players anymore! 

Pace never made him the player he was. It was a combination of power, pace, vision, control, intelligence & crossing ability among many other qualities. Even if he has lost half a yard of pace it should make hardly any difference at this level. His game is far more rounded than people give him credit for.

3 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Pace never made him the player he was. It was a combination of power, pace, vision, control, intelligence & crossing ability among many other qualities. Even if he has lost half a yard of pace it should make hardly any difference at this level. His game is far more rounded than people give him credit for.

His pace was fundamental to him getting past his man. Without that he isn’t the same player in my opinion. Don’t care who the manager is. 

Anyway I don’t think he has even been that bad. He is still a key player for us. 

38 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

any news or developments on Radoja and/or Doukoure?, seems to have gone quiet?

Also, anyone else seen any other remotely factual reports of targets?

I only heard Twitter rumours but apparently we’d agreed a fee for Radoja and his agent had traveled to Birmingham to discuss terms... but who knows. 

I think we’ll see developments after the game on 1st Jan

TREAT WITH CAUTION!

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

His pace was fundamental to him getting past his man. Without that he isn’t the same player in my opinion. Don’t care who the manager is. 

Anyway I don’t think he has even been that bad. He is still a key player for us. 

According to Bolasie, he beat Usain Bolt in a race in 2015. Surely he can still get past most Championship defenders. 

I honestly haven't thought to myself "he is lacking pace" whenever I've seen him play. He looked in more than reasonable physical condition in yesterday's game.

I would be surprised if Chelsea brought Tammy back. They have a bunch of talented forwards on loan as well as on the fringe of their squad. They can also buy a forward it they need one. Fingers crossed.

3 hours ago, Michael118 said:

He looks rubbish to me. A more skilful Agbolanhor, only, less consistent. Wouldn’t care one jot if we lost him in January. There are at least 5 better wingers than him in this division. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He looks rubbish to me. A more skilful Agbolanhor, only, less consistent. Wouldn’t care one jot if we lost him in January. There are at least 5 better wingers than him in this division. 

Less consistent than Agbonlahor?, what is this wizardry???, is that even a physical possibility? :):P:)

oh wait, that does make sense if you meant Agbonlahor was consistently crap, and Bolasie is less consistently crap?, but also not consistently good 😋

Edited by MaVilla

6 hours ago, Michael118 said:

You are aware that Bolasie was already gone when Allardyce was appointed Crystal Palace manager

• Like 2
  • Haha 1