January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

19 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Bit of a chicken and egg situation, it's hard to show all your ability in cameo appearances, you usually need a run in the team in order to settle and show what you've got, but then have we ever really been a position to devote that sort of time to a youngster?  In hindsight we might as well have just given 10 games to O'Hare and see what happened but we are so desperate to get promoted and avoid financial ruin that we stick with the tried and trusted.

The way I see it is the younger players are judged in training alongside the senior players day in day out.

If they look better than them then I’m sure they would feature. E.g. jack in the team at 18. 

If they dont then fielding them will just weaken the team even further in my opinion. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Linked with £7m player from club X: '

'why can't we find these unknown gems from the lower leagues before they cost millions? Our scouting network is rubbish'

Linked with unknown (possible) gems from the lower leagues:

'Who the f##k is that?

I love football fans. 

Edited by av1

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

Linked with £7m player from club X: '

'why can't we find these unknown gems from the lower leagues before they cost millions? Our scouting network is rubbish'

Linked with unknown (possible) gems from the lower leagues:

'Who the f##k is that?

I love football fans. 

lol

We are all the same.

I find it funny that some clubs still have fans that think "We are xxxx F.C .....the best fans in the country!" We never boo/moan/have low attendances....

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It would be nice if he also attempted to develop our own youth players first where possible!..

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Building for League One more than the Premier League, with some of these names being mentioned.  :unsure:

At some point we have to pull the plug on buying Championship players for high prices or aging Premiership players on high contracts.

Smith is a coach that will develop players, as he has done for Brentford in the past.

It seem's we are now going down this route and long term it will be for the best.

I'm sure we are looking to develop our own youth players but unfortunately some may not be good enough. In terms of a left back I don't believe we have another at the club.

I do find it strange that we are linked with loan players, that it seems are hard to get......and then to find out they have been out on loan previously with obscure clubs.

is it just "click bait".....or am I missing something.

i.e "Aston Villa are battling with several clubs to sign xx player from PL club xx.....who was previously on loan to Shrewsbury.

I don't get it.

ps no disrespect to Shrewsbury.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I do find it strange that we are linked with loan players, that it seems are hard to get......and then to find out they have been out on loan previously with obscure clubs.

is it just "click bait".....or am I missing something.

i.e "Aston Villa are battling with several clubs to sign xx player from PL club xx.....who was previously on loan to Shrewsbury.

I don't get it.

ps no disrespect to Shrewsbury.

I know the player you mean, that Chelsea kid. It must be click bait as not only is he loaned to Shrewsbury, he cant even get a game for them!

@TRO I find it strange that people don't automatically doubt football transfer rumours as a default!

Maybe it'll turn out to be true now I've said that. He rarely if ever seemed to get off the Shrewsbury bench at any point during a game.

Not sure if stranger things have happened.

We've just spent 7m on a keeper. I think there's more than one way to skin a cat. You dont get any extra kudos or return because you spend a fortune and if we only do that because we have money then we're idiots. We could spend 50k on a left back, 7m on a keeper and 30m on a striker. So what? The only thing that matters is the team.

Im sure many clubs turned their nose up at Vardy snd Alli.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lukesmith17 said:

We have also been linked with Matt Penney a Left back from Sheff Wednesday 

I hear their manager is keen on a straight swap with Alan Hutton. 😂

Edited by av1
Smiley face added to denote tongue in cheek remark.

I look at it this way.

Smith might have identified young unknown targets, as early as Brentford years.

As with all signings, their might be a pecking order of "elite prospect" through to "great prospect" "Good prospect" " Average prospect" etc.

At Brentford his attainable ceiling for his prospect may have been Average to Good prospect.

Whereas here, he probably has a much higher chance of attaining what he views as "Elite" prospects.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lukesmith17 said:

We have also been linked with Matt Penney a Left back from Sheff Wednesday 

Would be an upgrade on Taylor (who wouldn't)?! 

He had a decent game at Villa Park a few month ago. Only 22 I think, so has time on his side and one that Smith could improve as a player. A bit lightweight, but quite quick and skilful in the games I have seen him play. 

Was under the impression he'd signed a new contract not that long ago though might be wrong. Definitely wouldn't be against this signing though if it happens. 

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

One thing I have noticed from most players that go from Irish league or English non-league to bigger leagues is they have a steely determination and know they wont get a chance again compared to say some players you might get on loan or dropping down from pampered academies. Vardy, Coleman would be best examples

One think i have noticed to, the majority arent very good and dont make it.  They are in them leagues for a reason.

makes me laugh ..spend spend spend.. villa are loosing thousands of pounds on a daily basis..

i said on another topic how the day o'neil left we went downhill & everyone says he wasted ££ ffs! 

the currant manager has bought in a keeper for x amount & before him another keeper & so the story goes,thats just the keepers.

every player villa buy soon become "a villa player" by this i mean they are overpaid & do not produce the goals/form that got them to the holy land of big money! 

ffp will cripple villa soon,the last 10m will come & thats your lot.. rdm blew it on a load of dross who are still connected to the club to this day,

smith will get the push by the end of next season & so the circle of change will continue .

dont be surprised when tammys agent get a deal through by deadline day & your pinning your hopes on hogan to get the goals.

4 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

makes me laugh ..spend spend spend.. villa are loosing thousands of pounds on a daily basis..

i said on another topic how the day o'neil left we went downhill & everyone says he wasted ££ ffs! 

the currant manager has bought in a keeper for x amount & before him another keeper & so the story goes,thats just the keepers.

every player villa buy soon become "a villa player" by this i mean they are overpaid & do not produce the goals/form that got them to the holy land of big money! 

ffp will cripple villa soon,the last 10m will come & thats your lot.. rdm blew it on a load of dross who are still connected to the club to this day,

smith will get the push by the end of next season & so the circle of change will continue .

dont be surprised when tammys agent get a deal through by deadline day & your pinning your hopes on hogan to get the goals.

Chelsea cant recall Tammy anymore. The 14th of January deadline has passed and he will be a Villa player until Summer. Hogan gets to work on the groove he is embedding onto the substitute bench a few more months.  

2 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

Chelsea cant recall Tammy anymore. The 14th of January deadline has passed and he will be a Villa player until Summer. Hogan gets to work on the groove he is embedding onto the substitute bench a few more months.  

tammy can be sold at any point by his parent club