January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

According to WhoScored, he looks like a utility midfielder who has played several different roles this season for them.  Mostly at AMC, though.  lol

image.thumb.png.1cff323b0c3ffcbe6e08efa3842ad84d.png

Liking the weaknesses column. 

We REALLY need some help with the passing based on the last few games without Grealish. This fella and a good LB and it's been a good enough window. 

18 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Liking the weaknesses column. 

We REALLY need some help with the passing based on the last few games without Grealish. This fella and a good LB and it's been a good enough window. 

u8SXLx.jpg

I honestly think McEachran at the base of our midfield instead of Hourihane or Whelan would really improve us in that regard. 

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Its gone really quiet on the transfer front......I hope to the Lord we have something close to completion.....we need reinforcements :(

Still 15 days to go.

I hope we strengthen for 'the need' and not for 'the sake'.

I don't want to see any panic buys come deadline day.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Still 15 days to go.

I hope we strengthen for 'the need' and not for 'the sake'.

I don't want to see any panic buys come deadline day.

Same mate. If we can’t get who we want then I’m ok with waiting to the summer to get targets. Done with stop gap signings or second/third choices.

I know we’re only five points from the playoff places but I’ve wrote this season off. I just don’t see it happening unless form can improve and quickly. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I would think that they wouldn't come cheap.

I have heard 4 to 6 million mentioned for Sawyers, no idea about Henry but i would guess more than Sawyers.

I would have thought Henry would have been a similar price given his injury record.

9 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Mepham in talks with Bournemouth. Im sure if he is off they wont want to lose many others in this window.

Yeah I was thinking the same. Maybe we can offer Elphick in p/x and then look to bring in another CB that we would actually play.

Scrap that. I don't think he'd be able to play for anyone else this season anyway. 😞

Edited by jacketspuds

Serious lack of imagination and scouting if the plan is to raid Brentford for Smith's ex players to propel us up the league.

It might even work, they have some OK players, but for the money it would cost we could and should be able to find both much better and much cheaper players.

Especially since we'd be prized out of their top assets anyway.

I kinda hope Brentford insisted on a clause by which he isn't allowed to raid his old club this season.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, sne said:

Serious lack of imagination and scouting if the plan is to raid Brentford for Smith's ex players to propel us up the league.

It might even work, they have some OK players, but for the money it would cost we could and should be able to find both much better and much cheaper players.

I kinda hope Brentford insisted on a clause by which he isn't allowed to raid his old club this season.

This is our problem and has been since we have been in the Championship, out rectruitment plans have just been to buy the best players that are available in the Championship.

Other teams are buying from outside of the Championship or using their academys and then developing those players.

However in saying this if our only option is to buy from Brentford this season then we don't really have a choice as we desperately need a left back and a midfielder...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

This is our problem and has been since we have been in the Championship, out rectruitment plans have just been to buy the best players that are available in the Championship.

Other teams are buying from outside of the Championship or using their academys and then developing those players.

There’s nothing wrong with buying the best players in the Championship at all. It’s why they’re the best. They just have to fit your team. 

Leeds, for example, have only notably bought Barry Douglas (excellent for Wolves last season) and Patrick Bamford (arguably one of the best finishers in the league - blighted by knee injuries this season though). They’re flying. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

I doubt if that is our plan or at least not our entire plan but they have players that Dean knows well and it would be silly to ignore them if Dean thinks they would fit in and do a job for him here. Most likely Brentford would be willing sellers at the right price as well.  

4 minutes ago, John said:

I doubt if that is our plan or at least not our entire plan but they have players that Dean knows well and it would be silly to ignore them if Dean thinks they would fit in and do a job for him here. Most likely Brentford would be willing sellers at the right price as well.  

Right price for them or us?

£15m for Maupay? £6m for Sawyers? £?m for Henry who's been injured for almost 2.5 years, £20m for Mephams? 

at least that's the prices the papers are speculating.

Championship prices are wildly inflated.

No idea if Smith's history with them will help or inflate the prices from them, but I doubt he'll get a discount.

24 minutes ago, sne said:

Right price for them or us?

£15m for Maupay? £6m for Sawyers? £?m for Henry who's been injured for almost 2.5 years, £20m for Mephams? 

at least that's the prices the papers are speculating.

Championship prices are wildly inflated.

No idea if Smith's history with them will help or inflate the prices from them, but I doubt he'll get a discount.

My take

Maupay 20 mill +

Mepham 15 mill

Sawyers 7 mill

Rico Henry 12 mill + imho our best player by far and haven’t seen a better LB in this league.

Dean Smith doesn’t have restrictions on coming back for former players I do know that.

We don’t let players go for less than our valuations that must be realistic other wise they would still be with us.You might disagree because of Hogans period with you but I’m sure smith will get him back scoring goals again.

• Like 2

Just now, Brentfordnylons said:

My take

Maupay 20 mill +

Mepham 15 mill

Sawyers 7 mill

Rico Henry 12 mill + imho our best player by far and haven’t seen a better LB in this league.

Dean Smith doesn’t have restrictions on coming back for former players I do know that.

We don’t let players go for less than our valuations that must be realistic other wise they would still be with us.You might disagree because of Hogans period with you but I’m sure smith will get him back scoring goals again.

It would be absurd for us to pay anything like that for those players.

Hope for your sake you get what you're asking for them, but I hope it's not us that pays it.