January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

There’s nothing wrong with buying the best players in the Championship at all. It’s why they’re the best. They just have to fit your team. 

Leeds, for example, have only notably bought Barry Douglas (excellent for Wolves last season) and Patrick Bamford (arguably one of the best finishers in the league - blighted by knee injuries this season though). They’re flying. 

No you buy the player who are going to be the best players in the championship. Buy low, sell high.

• Like 1

To me it seems we need to stop paying big fees for older players so Rico Henry is the only player I would target from Brentford.  They obviously don't need to sell so he won't be cheap which is probably why there is a lack of news.  Sounds like Fuchs is the fallback position.  The CDM we need will come from somewhere else.  Just my read on the lack of movement in the market.  Only 2 more games until the window closes...

Just now, matteyp said:

To me it seems we need to stop paying big fees for older players so Rico Henry is the only player I would target from Brentford.  They obviously don't need to sell so he won't be cheap which is probably why there is a lack of news.  Sounds like Fuchs is the fallback position.  The CDM we need will come from somewhere else.  Just my read on the lack of movement in the market.  Only 2 more games until the window closes...

Is it Rico Henry who has only played around 8 games this season due to injury ? 

30 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

We should just buy Brentford and then loan the players we want! The club is probably only worth about £10m 😂

Not sure you are in a position to buy anything at the moment,dispite what your newCEO said when you signed Dean Smith.I know you are joking re the 10 mill

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yes he’s suffered 2 long term injuries since joining a dislocated shoulder and a cruciate so yes very few games 28 in 2 years.His cruciate kept him out a year and just returned 2 months ago.Hope this puts off any potential buyers as I believe he will play for England one day 

1 hour ago, Wes said:

Personally, I would rather spend £2m on Brentford's Data Analytics and associated Scouting department.

I would rather the PR department. !

If they have so many good players why are they below half way in the table, finished 9th last year, and even with DS they had gone 0 wins in 5 this season........how good are the players ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Yes he’s suffered 2 long term injuries since joining a dislocated shoulder and a cruciate so yes very few games 28 in 2 years.His cruciate kept him out a year and just returned 2 months ago.Hope this puts off any potential buyers as I believe he will play for England one day 

Blood hell -he's as good as ours then !

13 minutes ago, hippo said:

All signings are a risk, at least he has time on his side.  I'm not necessarily suggesting we sign him, just that he seems the best value out of the Brentford players suggested and would address an immediate need.

Linked with a RB from Welsh league. Released by Cardiff couple of years ago. Never know these players can fall down the leagues and realise they need to work harder to make it.

Could be a sneaky one for next season. Shame he isn't a LB for now.

3 hours ago, sne said:

But we are a Championship side who doesn't have even close to the resources those clubs have.

Exactly thats why this ffp and tv deal is absolute bollocks. How can you compete if your not allowed to sign players?

1 hour ago, Brentfordnylons said:

He reminds me of Ashley Cole. I can't remember the last attacking left or right back we had come through our academy. 

Honestly it's been absolute years

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He reminds me of Ashley Cole. I can't remember the last attacking left or right back we had come through our academy. 

Honestly it's been absolute years

I think Jake Walker has got a chance, he’s an 18 year old right back, very good player 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly thats why this ffp and tv deal is absolute bollocks. How can you compete if your not allowed to sign players?

Wasn't that the point of FFP?  To make an "even playing field" for Championship clubs?  Clubs without money massively outnumber clubs with money in the EFL, so obviously the rules will be in their favor if it's put to a vote.  Clubs like Brentford, who are well run and have a good scouting system, will end up profiting under FFP, while clubs like ours, who are a clown-car circus, end up getting screwed twice by our bad decisions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

I would rather the PR department. !

If they have so many good players why are they below half way in the table, finished 9th last year, and even with DS they had gone 0 wins in 5 this season........how good are the players ? 

To be honest a lot of the players we sell just get richer very few improve.Look at Jota Dean and Colin 😃