January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

39 minutes ago, av1 said:

So how many (if any) signings do we think we will get this week?

I'm optimistically going with 3. 

LB. CB. CDM. 

I'd agree, thought Taylor played ok, but when he let the ball roll out of play for a corner, and later ran backwards because he couldn't face running towards the oppositions goal, it signified the end!

think 2 perm. And I loan. 

Rico Henry, Cahill and ............

I heard on Talksport the other day, that PSG are after Idrissa Gueye and a fee of £20m+ was mentioned. If this did happen, I don't suppose there is any hope (other than Bob and No) that we included a % sell-on clause in the deal when we sold him to Everton? 

47 minutes ago, av1 said:

Best squad in the league :crylaugh:

Going forward I guess it is. Although without Jack its not. But statistically we’re still up there. DM and back we’re definitely bad. Actually we’re the third strongest team going forward. While we’re the third from the back in our goal conceided.

12 minutes ago, John said:

I heard on Talksport the other day, that PSG are after Idrissa Gueye and a fee of £20m+ was mentioned. If this did happen, I don't suppose there is any hope (other than Bob and No) that we included a % sell-on clause in the deal when we sold him to Everton? 

Just looked this up.

Seems the only "clause" we had was the clause which allowed Everton to get him on the cheap...

🙄

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

So because I haven’t named a better squad than Villa’s, that means there isn’t one? Why don’t I put it out there to the wider Villatalk community in the ‘we need a whole new squad’ thread. 

Guys, pacbuddies thinks we have the best squad in the league because I’m yet to name a better one. Can you? Do we have the best squad in the league? Do we even need to sign any defenders/midfielders in Jan?

Can't be that hard to name one then, surely...?

• Like 1

There are probably 4 or 5  better squads in this division due to being better balanced. We have maybe 4 of the top 10 players though, 2 of which are currently injured. When we get them back and hopefully replace the weak spots in our midfield and defence (4 players imo), its feasible we could have the best squad. Might be too late though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tayls said:

And this is half the problem, we all thought it when we first went down. I was expecting us to come straight back up again along with Newcastle. 

We are Aston Villa, that bit is correct - but we are 13th in championship...not sitting pretty at the top the league. 

Not been on the for a while but I have to say I agree with this.... for a long time myself & others were thinking we are Leeds, trust me thinking like that will only end up in disappointment. The longer you’re down here the more you’ll see the likes of Burnley coming in & taking your players & the line will be he couldn’t turn down premier league football & players will leave.

Haven’t followed closely but I did post on here around Xmas about villa & FFP. My understanding was that you had really gone for broke the first 2 seasons, basically spending all the parachute money & this season you received much less this season, now if this is your third year in the ffp cycle, I would imagine you’ll have lost more than 39 million which would mean an embargo similar to the one sheff Wednesday have been going through, where by you can’t really buy big unless your just going to go for it, hope you’re promoted then worry about it later like Bournemouth did, but with your league position he would be massive gamble to take. If you don’t spend much by the end of the window, in my eyes that would tell me you’re preparing for have broken or be very close to ffp which probably means to buy players you’d have to sell to buy grealish obviously & maybe 1 or 2 more. Whether that all goes back into the team is different as I know your owners aren’t skint but them putting money in doesn’t prevent loses from the club. So I would imagine that getting your head round not having premier league names   In your team will make it easier to take if you do go the way Leeds did. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BigRed said:

Not been on the for a while but I have to say I agree with this.... for a long time myself & others were thinking we are Leeds, trust me thinking like that will only end up in disappointment. The longer you’re down here the more you’ll see the likes of Burnley coming in & taking your players & the line will be he couldn’t turn down premier league football & players will leave.

Haven’t followed closely but I did post on here around Xmas about villa & FFP. My understanding was that you had really gone for broke the first 2 seasons, basically spending all the parachute money & this season you received much less this season, now if this is your third year in the ffp cycle, I would imagine you’ll have lost more than 39 million which would mean an embargo similar to the one sheff Wednesday have been going through, where by you can’t really buy big unless your just going to go for it, hope you’re promoted then worry about it later like Bournemouth did, but with your league position he would be massive gamble to take. If you don’t spend much by the end of the window, in my eyes that would tell me you’re preparing for have broken or be very close to ffp which probably means to buy players you’d have to sell to buy grealish obviously & maybe 1 or 2 more. Whether that all goes back into the team is different as I know your owners aren’t skint but them putting money in doesn’t prevent loses from the club. So I would imagine that getting your head round not having premier league names   In your team will make it easier to take if you do go the way Leeds did. 

Does the University of Leeds offer degrees in EFL FFP rules?  Every other day it seems there is another random Leeds supporter on here trying to tell us just how fooked our finances are...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mazrim said:

There are probably 4 or 5  better squads in this division due to being better balanced. We have maybe 4 of the top 10 players though, 2 of which are currently injured. When we get them back and hopefully replace the weak spots in our midfield and defence (4 players imo), its feasible we could have the best squad. Might be too late though.

I’m amazed people still rate Richards...😝

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, bobzy said:

Can't be that hard to name one then, surely...?

Sheff Utd, Derby, Stoke, Albion, Norwich, Leeds, Middlesboro to name but a few.

El Ghazi, Adomah, Whelan, Chester, Taylor, Elphick, Hutton, Hourihane would get nowhere near any of those teams Starting XI’s. 

Thank god we have Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham is all I’ll say.

We have a dreadfully average squad of players, hence the ‘we need a whole new squad’ title of the thread which nearly everyone agrees with.

If you want to blame Smith though, go ahead. 

• Like 2

I dont think our squad is the best in the league, but its not as far off as some on here seem to think either. We should certainly be higher up the table than we currently sit.

Having said that though the balance is completely off. Its amazing what difference 1 or 2 players in the correct position could make.

The return of Grealish and Tuazebe, coupled with a proper left back and a sitting midfielder who can play a bit as well - then it would be hard to say anyone has a better stating xi than us on paper.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

Daily mail is saying Sheffield United and Bristol City are showing interest in Scott Hogan...  Unfortunately, they're both interested in loan deals...

Not a chance in hell. They want him, buy him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

Daily mail is saying Sheffield United and Bristol City are showing interest in Scott Hogan...  Unfortunately, they're both interested in loan deals...

They are both potential promotion rivals (should we get our act together) so why on earth should we strengthen them? 

Edited by John

1 minute ago, John said:

They are both potential promotion rivals (should we get our act together) so why on earth should we strengthen them. 

Correct. So we sell Hogan to them then.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, BigRed said:

We have lost 39million?go back andook what wehave spent on transfer fees for the last two year's 

All these other supporters seem to think we are sownding big each year. Only the first season was the year we went. CRazy.