January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Is that wishful thinking or is there a link?

Bit of both, we have been linked about 6 times in Birmingham Mail! since 8th Nov. First time I seen him play Def Mid last night for Chelsea. Was very impressed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Smith did say in his post match interview that he expected the phone to be really busy for the next few days

Which phone ? - My understanding and smith himself has said he doesn't handle the transfer negotiations ? 

1 hour ago, striker said:

Bruce was quoted as having watched him at Rochdale and regretted not buying him then. Definitely a Bruce signing.

Hogan was then quoted as saying that Bruce hung him out to dry playing him in a system that he wasn’t suited to.

I’d therefore be very surprised to see Hogan wanting to play for Bruce again. Not going to happen.

Sorry don’t know how to quote articles yet but they’re easily accessible.

Fair enough.

Either way, I think there's zero chance of Bruce wanting to sign Hogan and, as you point out, Hogan wanting to play for Bruce. 

Hogan won't be going to Sheff Wed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Which phone ? - My understanding and smith himself has said he doesn't handle the transfer negotiations ? 

I don't know, the interviewer didn't press him on which phone he was referring to. 

It might be a big red transfer hotline phone, an old skool Nokia or a Bat Phone. I'm really not sure. 

I'll write to WM and tell them to sort out these facts on future. 

I might get a beanie hat out of it. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't know, the interviewer didn't press him on which phone he was referring to. 

It might be a big red transfer hotline phone, an old skool Nokia or a Bat Phone. I'm really not sure. 

I'll write to WM and tell them to sort out these facts on future. 

I might get a beanie hat out of it. 

Which colour?

• Haha 1

I don't think anybody really knows who we're after - this regime do a really good job of keeping it all under wraps!

Of the links, I'd like to see Mings (on loan initially due to injury record), and Isaac Hayden from Newcastle.  I's also like us to get back in for one of the younger centre halves - the French lad or Scott McKenna. Would a RB from the continent be too much to ask too?

4 in, probably no chance of that happening! 

• Like 1

On 25/01/2019 at 00:36, AvfcRigo82 said:

I wonder how many more we have lined up and looking to bring in?..

It could be an interesting few days.

Hours, by the looks of things.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Just been speaking to a Leicester fan and he thinks that Fuchs is moving to the US at the end of the season. Apparently his wife and kids live in New York and he owns soccer schools over there.

Pinch of salt but doubt this one is happening.

I was wondering what the Fuchs going on with this transfer but he does want to return to New York that is true.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Elmo maybe. He was actually good under Bruce.

I think there's less than zero chance of Bruce taking Hogan off our hands though. he clearly didn't rate him while he was here so I don't see any reason why he'd want him at Sheff Wed.

Why did he sign him then? 

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why did he sign him then? 

Like I said above.

Either he was recommended by a scout or a team of scouts, Bruce approved the signing, maybe based off the recommendations and great stats. Signings aren't made by one person anymore and haven't for years. I bet this happens all the time at most clubs. Scouts approve and recommend players, managers give their seal of approval and the player ends up not very good. The manager still gets the blame, they live and die by their signings. Unfortunately for Bruce this was a very costly one, relatively speaking.

Or

Bruce did know about the player and had seen him play and signed him thinking he'd fit into the team and he didn't.

Or

he saw his performances for Brentford, signed him thinking he was very good, and it turned out that that purple patch at Brentford was exactly that, a purple patch. And in reality Hogan is quite shit. Dean Smith having seemingly no interest in playing him either backs this one up a little bit too.

Whatever the reason, Bruce clearly doesn't rate him anymore, otherwise why didn't he play him more? He is crap. Bruce gets the blame because he was the manager who signed him but I don't see any reason why he'd make the same mistake again and sign him for Sheff Wed.

10 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

TBF, I think the biggest reason Smith isn't playing Hogan has less to do with Hogan and goes by the initials T.A.

What, he has been busted spending all night at strip clubs?

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Like I said above.

Either he was recommended by a scout or a team of scouts, Bruce approved the signing, maybe based off the recommendations and great stats. Signings aren't made by one person anymore and haven't for years. I bet this happens all the time at most clubs. Scouts approve and recommend players, managers give their seal of approval and the player ends up not very good. The manager still gets the blame, they live and die by their signings. Unfortunately for Bruce this was a very costly one, relatively speaking.

Or

Bruce did know about the player and had seen him play and signed him thinking he'd fit into the team and he didn't.

Or

he saw his performances for Brentford, signed him thinking he was very good, and it turned out that that purple patch at Brentford was exactly that, a purple patch. And in reality Hogan is quite shit. Dean Smith having seemingly no interest in playing him either backs this one up a little bit too.

Whatever the reason, Bruce clearly doesn't rate him anymore, otherwise why didn't he play him more? He is crap. Bruce gets the blame because he was the manager who signed him but I don't see any reason why he'd make the same mistake again and sign him for Sheff Wed.

I see what you’re saying but the manager has the final say on signings, I still think Hogan can come good for us