January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

42 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He's had a month to sort it though.

Correct. And if 2 are loans, they usually involve less hassle. I think the deals are there to be done now. Its just a case of yes or no.

51 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Hopefully it's reps from Sheffield Wednesday wanting to take Elmohamedy and Hogan.

Elmo maybe. He was actually good under Bruce.

I think there's less than zero chance of Bruce taking Hogan off our hands though. he clearly didn't rate him while he was here so I don't see any reason why he'd want him at Sheff Wed.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Elmo maybe. He was actually good under Bruce.

I think there's less than zero chance of Bruce taking Hogan off our hands though. he clearly didn't rate him while he was here so I don't see any reason why he'd want him at Sheff Wed.

He brought him though which is the baffling part. Hopefully he will do the same mistake again.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He brought him though which is the baffling part. Hopefully he will do the same mistake again.

The club bought him.

That's not an absolution of blame fro bruce. I'm sure he's involved in the process. But in this day and age players get recommended by scouts, I don't think the manager necessarily knows that much about the players before they arrive. 

You'd hope given the amount of money we spent on him that bruce would have known how to fit Hogan into his side, but given how little he used him and how poor he is, it seems like a player he might not have had that much input into signing except for giving his approval.

I'd be very surprised if he signed him again having seen how crap he is (or at least was for Bruce)

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The club bought him.

That's not an absolution of blame fro bruce. I'm sure he's involved in the process. But in this day and age players get recommended by scouts, I don't think the manager necessarily knows that much about the players before they arrive. 

You'd hope given the amount of money we spent on him that bruce would have known how to fit Hogan into his side, but given how little he used him and how poor he is, it seems like a player he might not have had that much input into signing except for giving his approval.

I'd be very surprised if he signed him again having seen how crap he is (or at least was for Bruce)

The signing was classic Bruce. Sign top performer in league on Big wages. And repeat. 

8 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

According to SSN we've made an approach for Christian Fuchs and been told to "get Fuched" by Leicester.

That translates to we haven't made an approach for Fuchs at all. Good.

In Sky Sports' alternate universe Grealish is at Spurs, Tammy is at Wolves and Henry is our manager, if he hasn't already been sacked.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 3

Central defender Matty Clarke at Portsmouth with 5mil price tag which has put stoke off. Good player hope we been looking at likes of him and hope looking at Tom Bayliss of Coventry.

Players like this can only improve. Some cracking young players at charlton and crewe too. 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

That translates to we haven't made an approach for Fuchs at all. Good.

In Sky Sports' alternate universe Grealish is at Spurs, Tammy is at Wolves and Henry is our manager, if he hasn't already been sacked.

True. Knowing them they're trying to drive gullible fools to SkyBet as per usual.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The club bought him.

Bruce was quoted as having watched him at Rochdale and regretted not buying him then. Definitely a Bruce signing.

Hogan was then quoted as saying that Bruce hung him out to dry playing him in a system that he wasn’t suited to.

I’d therefore be very surprised to see Hogan wanting to play for Bruce again. Not going to happen.

Sorry don’t know how to quote articles yet but they’re easily accessible.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1