January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

7 minutes ago, fonz said:

Crouch in his book talks about how he was put up in the executive suite at the Belfry the night before he signed for us. When he went back to the hotel the next day after signing he'd been moved to a room in which you couldn't swing a cat. Made me chuckle

Ah Deadly. Those were the days. 

Just now, penguin said:

Not sure if already mentioned but Hayden started, and played very well by all accounts, in the win against Man City. Really can’t see him dropping down to the Championship.

From playing against Man City to Reading in 5 days.

5 minutes ago, penguin said:

Not sure if already mentioned but Hayden started, and played very well by all accounts, in the win against Man City. Really can’t see him dropping down to the Championship.

By all accounts his issue is location relative to his daughter who lives in Wales, not playing time or lack of it. 

2 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

I’ve seen reports of Mings both with and without an option to buy - let’s hope there is an option to buy or what’s the point?

Purslow has already said that loan deals need to be done with the option to buy at the end of the loan, what's the point of developing other peoples talents without some sort of benefit at the end of it?

Just now, Dante_Lockhart said:

Purslow has already said that loan deals need to be done with the option to buy at the end of the loan, what's the point of developing other peoples talents without some sort of benefit at the end of it?

Which is probably the reason why this deal has dragged on all week...

12 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

I’ve seen reports of Mings both with and without an option to buy - let’s hope there is an option to buy or what’s the point?

Schrodingers Mings?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, fonz said:

Crouch in his book talks about how he was put up in the executive suite at the Belfry the night before he signed for us. When he went back to the hotel the next day after signing he'd been moved to a room in which you couldn't swing a cat. Made me chuckle

God bless Doug! 

53 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Hopefully revisit Justin in summer. No way Luton would sell in January when promotion is a real possibility 

If the price is right they will do the deal. They may well be actively looking for a replacement today so they have the position covered by tonight. 

Mings seems to be done. The worry is it's another player who is short of match time so won't hit the ground running. 

I would be happy if we get Hayden. He has played plenty of football over the last few months and should be able to slot right in. 

A midfield 3 of Grealish--Hayden--McGinn looks very decent.