January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

15 minutes ago, av1 said:

Just heard Him White on TS, 07:35. He claims Dean Smith and the Villa board are at the belfry and have been working throughout the night on deals. 

Sounds like we could be busy. 

Presumably persuading Defoe to go back to bed because they know he's excited, but he's got a long day ahead of him before joining Accrington Stanley...

• Like 1

I think if we could bring in Mings, Hayden and Chalobah that would be absolutely great business. Much more tenacity and energy to the squad. I could see a push for the playoffs with those recruits and the return of Jack and Axel. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, av1 said:

Just heard Him White on TS, 07:35. He claims Dean Smith and the Villa board are at the belfry and have been working throughout the night on deals. 

That's good to hear. 

31 minutes ago, av1 said:

I like the sound of this.

SSN Yellow banner already mentioning our moves for Mings.

Also a piece on Hayden coming in potentially, and Hogan has been having a medical at Sheff Utd for the last 2 days now  :crylaugh:

29 minutes ago, av1 said:

Or they had booked early tee off times for the Brabazon course this morning? ;)

• Like 2

Talksport claim that Mings has turned down Forest and Derby to sign for us. If so, the lad has taste, we still have some pulling power and our salary offer may well have blown the other two clubs out of the water!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

This might be stupid of me but why would we go to The Belfry to work on deals?

Beaten to it .....

It’s sort of next door to bodymoor ...... if you are trying to lure players spot on lunch at the belfry then whisk them to the training ground should hopefully swing it ..... though it wasn’t enough for Joe Bryan ...

Edited by thabucks
Too slow to respond
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Looks like it. Him elmo and bree can play there. Hutton will go come summer so I expect that area will be addressed in the summer 

I 100% think so, needs to be!

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Beaten to it .....

It’s sort of next door to bodymoor ...... if you are trying to lure players spot on lunch at the belfry then whisk them to the training ground should hopefully swing it ..... though it wasn’t enough for Joe Bryan ...

Well he had the lunch

• Haha 1

Crouch in his book talks about how he was put up in the executive suite at the Belfry the night before he signed for us. When he went back to the hotel the next day after signing he'd been moved to a room in which you couldn't swing a cat. Made me chuckle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1