January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

I'm happy with the Mings loan.  He was one of the highest rated up and coming talents in the Championship before he went to Bournemouth.  He was a monster for Ipswich at LB for a while there.  Fast, physically strong, and good with the ball at his feet for such a big guy.  

On a completely unrelated note, it seems like I've signed him many times over the years in Football Manager for very cheap and he's been a very solid left back for me, so I have a soft spot in my heart for the guy.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

if there's "No deals"....we will have to "Remain" with what we have....just "Labour" on, that's my "Conservative" view.

Don't be DUPed,  I RAte out chances of Making an agreement for a deal despite it being Taxing as long as there are no backstops in the deal which would create some FA Rage.

Then come MAY we will be celebrating.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Khizzy said:

Some idiot has decided to block me on Twitter because I said we don't want Mings. Why the heck would you want another injury prone defender who has only played 20 league games since 2015. Honestly feel it's a waste of a loan spot. Yes, there's a massive chance he might come now but am I happy? No.

I won't block you 😂 but relax man it's a loan deal for a position we have no cover for. Also if he is half fit and half decent then he'll be better than Taylor.

It's not like we can sign Luke Shaw on loan.

5 hours ago, TRO said:

if there's "No deals"....we will have to "Remain" with what we have....just "Labour" on, that's my "Conservative" view.

I think we will make signings on both the “left wing” and “right wing” with a “liberal” sprinkling of talent. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

So is Mings main position a LB or CB?

I thought he was a LB who could also play CB, but if he's 6ft 5 I am surprised he isn't primarily a CB who can also play LB?

Yeah the main question is he taller than elphick? Let's remember elphick can't play cb as he is too short! 

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think we will make signings on both the “left wing” and “right wing” with a “liberal” sprinkling of talent. 

F**k it! If we're going down the political route we might as well sign Kris Commons - to play alongside Hause! 

Might as well throw Stevie May in too! 

Edited by villarocker
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

It’ll be Mings on loan and Hayden on a permanent today! 

That's not the end of the world as it goes, in December a lot of us were saying keeper, LB and CB and DM. We've brought Elphick back and spent big on a keeper already so Mings and Hayden would be ticking all those boxes.

Just heard Him White on TS, 07:35. He claims Dean Smith and the Villa board are at the belfry and have been working throughout the night on deals. 

Sounds like we could be busy.