January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

44 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yep that and young overseas talents and coaching our own kids.

This is what we should have been 3 years ago rather than a top scorer trolley dash, money down the drain loans and rolling sleeves up and hoping.

Better late than never

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

We need new defenders, what about good defenders from the teams with lowest goals against in League One? Maybe worth a punt for half a million on either of these two?

Matty Pearson 24 years old - right back for Luton Town who can also play centre back or left back. He's scored 3 goals in 28 appearances this season and part of a team 2nd in the league. 

Ethan Pinnock 25 years old - left-footed centre back for Barnsley who can also play left back. He's scored one goal from 25 appearances this season and part of the league's 5th place team. 

Both clubs have good defensive records this season. Those players are still young enough to develop into better players and may be worth a punt at a cheap price? 

Well worth a look. I think both of them are likely to be playing at Villa Park next season. ;)

Edited by John

45 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yep that and young overseas talents and coaching our own kids.

This is what we should have been 3 years ago rather than a top scorer trolley dash, money down the drain loans and rolling sleeves up and hoping.

Agreed, and without going off topic this is exactly why I think Dean Smith is a good fit.  

7 minutes ago, Farlz said:

With all due respect to Swedish football i don't imagine it would have taken to much persuading. 

Loaning a youngster from another club with our own not getting a look is interesting. It's not like Abraham who came with a previous track record at Bristol City and played internationally with a big reputation.

Seems a peculiar signing having only played as high as League One but I'll admit I don't know much about him. Maybe he'll offer something different to what we have at our disposal. We really need someone to come in and have an instant impact.

Edited by Avcol

As a general rule I'd say I'm against loaning in players who are not going to improve our starting 11.

There are exceptions like our defense needing cover, but generally speaking I want us to use our players as cover rather than loans.

Especially since our squad is bloated as is.

No idea about this guy.

Sceptical 

Uninspiring if there's no clause to buy him in the summer. I have zero appetite for loan transfers, especially young players from other clubs who are here for development. You can understand this in the case of Abraham but it's high time we either buy outright young players who have upside and/or bring through our own. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Avcol said:

Loaning a youngster from another club with our own not getting a look is interesting. It's not like Abraham who came with a previous track record at Bristol City and played internationally with a big reputation.

Seems a peculiar signing having only played as high as League One but I'll admit I don't know much about him. Maybe he'll offer something different to what we have at our disposal. We really need someone to come in and have an instant impact.

It's a circular argument we keep having.

However based on comments from the manager and CEO, any loans will have an option to buy.

So I assume these "youngsters from other clubs" will be viewed as able to make more of an immediate impact than our OWN youngsters, and failing that we send them back.

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

Well exactly, that link states straight out loan.

There could be the outside possibility this link or details of it  are bbolloxx. It is the mirror and the Sunday people with this link after all.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Is the Swedish league even going at the moment?  I thought it ran from February or something like that.  Seems a load of bollocks to me.

It is not, season starts last weekend in March with the Cup a few weeks before.

But teams are building their squads now recruiting players, the Swedish transfer window opened on Jan 12th and runs to April 4th.

Most teams played their first friendly of the season this weekend.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's a circular argument we keep having.

However based on comments from the manager and CEO, any loans will have an option to buy.

So I assume these "youngsters from other clubs" will be viewed as able to make more of an immediate impact than our OWN youngsters, and failing that we send them back.

Let's hope those up high get it right if this lad does come in because we need something desperately. However if it doesn't work out then it's easy enough to send him back but it's also game time and experience our academy players would potentially have been deprived of which is exactly what we want to avoid. Any incoming loan or transfer needs a big impact, not just to make up the numbers or develop their game. I do concede I don't know much about him however and he may have a skillset that no one else at the club currently does.

Saw with Onomah last year though that these young players from big clubs aren't necessarily going to set the world on fire. Not having been on loan at a higher level than League One at 22 makes me question this one.

• Like 1