January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

5 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

My mate used to call Westwood “Pointy”, because all he ever did was point to where he thought someone should run. 

Hilarious..

4 hours ago, KMitch said:

image.png.c532a9f69e3d5affe9e952b9e83f99e2.png

Let him go, I think his time here is pretty much done, we need a team that doesn't consist of hobbits.

Seriously Hutton, Taylor Elmo and chester have been poor this season, only reason i give chester a pass is bexause he was playing on an injury. So if offers come in for any of our players except for Youth, Mcginn and grealish then we should sell on and sign someone else.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I feel we need to keep Hutton and offload some of the other garbage first.

I feel we need a yard sale sign up, cut price rejects going for cheap that can not defend, score or hold a midfield at bay.

It is a shame contracts can't be torn up if there was good enough reason to cut ties, obviously no foul play though. 

Roll on the summer and beyond I say when we can finally say goodbye to the old players who are on high wages and are letting us fans down by not bringing it at game times.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TRO said:

Obvious choices, will not want to come to us or their clubs are unlikely to want to release them.

Just like in the Saunders era.....we need to find second tier players at other clubs and take a gamble that we can improve them.....the better the club , the more likely a top player is keeping them out of their first team.....or go for an up and coming player from the lower leagues.

Its all about Nous and judgment, followed by a dash of lady luck.

we have to be prudent in the transfer market, else we will languish down here for years.

Whilst I completely agree with that, not sure what it has to do with my post you quoted? 

I just think that we should look elsewhere than Ashley Westwood. Or that type of player. Bringing people down to the championship from the premier league who are in their 30s. a) you have to pay them big wages 2) they see it as a backwards move so don't have the hunger anymore

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I feel we need a yard sale sign up, cut price rejects going for cheap that can not defend, score or hold a midfield at bay.

I approve of your policy Dave, but you probably need to take a serious look at your marketing strategy. It’s fatally flawed by over emphasis of the truth. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dave-R said:

It is a shame contracts can't be torn up if there was good enough reason to cut ties, obviously no foul play though. 

Roll on the summer and beyond I say when we can finally say goodbye to the old players who are on high wages and are letting us fans down by not bringing it at game times.

I agree buy McCormack and get a Richards free or Taylor 30% off

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Read on the sky sports app we’ve ‘enquire ld about the availability of Issac Hayden of Newcastle’.

Saw that as well, know nothing about him so checked around a bit.

Seem like a nothing player when you look at his stats on FIFA 19 :D but he has played a fair amount of games for them in the last 3 seasons and apparently did quite well in their promotion season from the Championship.

Still unless he's really cheap I imagine you can find these type of players easily for a lot less and on a fraction of the wages if you look outside the PL.

Edit: And yes, apparently he can play at RB.

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Seem like a nothing player when you look at his stats on FIFA 19 :D but he has played a fair amount of games for them in the last 3 seasons and apparently did quite well in their promotion season from the Championship.

Still unless he's really cheap I imagine you can find these type of players easily for a lot less and on a fraction of the wages if you look outside the PL.

Don’t really know much about him either to be honest. Damn I wish we had a decent scout at the club.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Junxs said:

Whilst I completely agree with that, not sure what it has to do with my post you quoted? 

I just think that we should look elsewhere than Ashley Westwood. Or that type of player. Bringing people down to the championship from the premier league who are in their 30s. a) you have to pay them big wages 2) they see it as a backwards move so don't have the hunger anymore

Must have been drunk

• Haha 1

I will just wait and see who we bring in and watch them play, before passing judgment.

Thats the most encouraging comment on our transfer business, i can muster.

44 minutes ago, TRO said:

I will just wait and see who we bring in and watch them play, before passing judgment.

Thats the most encouraging comment on our transfer business, i can muster.

Yep it’s all we can really do as supporters. We’ve been let down so many times in the past with signings.

1 hour ago, sne said:

he is a good player, energetic and tough tackler. Rafa is a big fan and the only reason he is leaving Newcastle is because he is homesick and wants be close to London to his family

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he is a good player, energetic and tough tackler. Rafa is a big fan and the only reason he is leaving Newcastle is because he is homesick and wants be close to London to his family

Still, I hope we look elsewhere.

Fwiw the only times he's featured for them this season is in the last couple of games, so not sure they'd let him go while they have players out injured.

Was hoping we'd recall Mitch Clark from loan in January, but I guess if he made it clear he has no intention to sign a new contract there is little use.

No idea if that is the case?

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Could be another Unsworth debacle, if he thinks London is close to Birmingham.